996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

ROW M030 - How much stiffer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:27 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Clearly none of you drive on the roads in and around Manhattan. Agreed, on smooth asphalt in Westchester or in most cities, my RoW M030 suspension is an absolute dream and that's why I put it on the car. Planted. Stable. Predictable. Tight, and not in overly firm way. A super solid investment. However, there is no denying that it is VERY VERY VERY noticeably on the roads of New York City. I don't find it particularly terrible, but you notice every single pothole, manhole cover, steel construction plate, bridge seam, and bricked roads. It demands extra attention and I cringe almost every time I drive and vibrate over the most poorly constructed/paved roads in the union. Of course, I'd never go back to stock.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:43 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by nycebo
Clearly none of you drive on the roads in and around Manhattan. [...] However, there is no denying that it is VERY VERY VERY noticeably on the roads of New York City.
I think every city in every state has a bad road somewhere - it's not just Manhattan. Maybe there are more in Manhattan, but most folks will be on them less since they don't drive into Manhattan daily (as compared to the "rest" of us that daily drive our cars. And for other northeast drivers, pot holes are everywhere.

As for ROW, it really isn't that bad on bumpy roads, just more bumpy than stock or when compared to a luxo-barge. In the grand scheme of suspensions on 996s it's actually pretty tame.

-td
Old 02-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Mathemagician
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the delay in following up. The estimate was $700 +/- $100.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:41 AM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats about the same quoted here, with a new alignment. Does anyone know for certain if you go with 5mm or 7mm spacers, can you just reuse the exsting lug bolts? BTW, I don't need anyone to tell me that 5mm is hardly noticeable, go thicker, yada, yada, yada. TIA.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:56 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by perryinva
Thats about the same quoted here, with a new alignment. Does anyone know for certain if you go with 5mm or 7mm spacers, can you just reuse the exsting lug bolts? BTW, I don't need anyone to tell me that 5mm is hardly noticeable, go thicker, yada, yada, yada. TIA.
No, your should NOT use the existing lug bolts is you add spacers. The length of the new bolts should be equal to the length of stock bolts PLUS the thickness (width) of the spacer installed.

Quick Reply: ROW M030 - How much stiffer?