Went to the RUF Scan & Wash today

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 04:56 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Went to the RUF Scan & Wash today

OK, so I went to the RUF Scan & Wash open house this morning in Dallas. There were some very nice cars there this morning. Sorry, I forgot my camera so don't ask me to post any !@#$%^&* Pics! The RUF Center is pretty cool. Very clean and nice maintenance bays and a good number of really great cars for sale, including 1 black and 1 yellow CGT. Those were AWESOME!

I saw Steve (Steven C.) and got the change to meet Bao (Botsy67) and Michael (Michael-Dallas) for the first time in person. They are both really nice guys with really nice looking 996s. TD (himself) was also there but I never did get the chance to catch up with him to say hello.

Bao has a sweet looking '00 C2 Cab in Midnight Blue with Graphite Gray interior. Michael has an '04 C4S in Atlas Gray with a black interior. I decided that Michael needs to add some mods to his car and here is what I came up with, in order of importance.
  1. Check to see what after market mufflers he has. They are a little too quiet.
  2. Wheel spacers
  3. Short shifter
  4. Install Upper shelf in center console
  5. Key Plug
  6. Red "S" for deck lid
  7. Aluminum gauge rings
  8. Aluminum Pedals (the RUF pedals looked good)
  9. Garage Door Opener mod
  10. Spoiler Switch mod (installed in horseshoe)
  11. Paint Top Hats

We stopped there because we didn't want to overwhelm him. BTW - Michael didn't even know that he had aftermarket mufflers on his car.

The only reason I mention that is because Michael said I "sounded" much younger on Rennlist than I am in person! OUCH!! Screw you Michael!!!

Just kidding!

Bao & Michael, it was great to meet both of you. Hopefully we can meet up again in the near future. After seeing all of the cool P-cars, I was pretty bummed about having to drive my Honda back home.

Last edited by gota911; 01-31-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:06 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
TD (himself) was also there but I never did get the chance to catch up with him to say hello.
Yikes! I wish you would have stopped me! I was running around chatting with all the folks and didn't even see you! Turns out I knew a boatload of people there. And I had my wife with me so I was running interference there as well!

The Ruf guys are great hosts. Loads of cars to gawk at, including 4 GTs, Ferraris, Lambos, and (of course) "Regular" Porsches.

We only stayed around for just under 2 hours, but it was a great time! And next time you see me, throw something at me!

-td
Old 01-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Michael-Dallas
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, that sure didn't take long. I just got through giving the M3 daily driver some much needed love after this week's sand and salt storm and wham-o, I see this.

It's a darn good thing you forgot your camera. I'd hate to see what you'd do to my C4S with photoshop after my age comment.

But, hey, thanks for ruining the Fister D mod for me by pointing out the aftermarket mufflers. I swear they sounded OEM in loudness that they couldn't have been aftermarket!

I'm sure we'll meet up again soon, but hopefully you'll be back in a Porsche. (True to his word, Tim parked way out in BFE... I would have never guessed it was him until Bao pointed him out from afar )

///Michael
Old 01-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah, it was an awesome day for this kind of Pcars gathering at RAC with 70 deg sunny day. I always wanted to meet Tim in person and here he is... If he came in a Porsche I would not have spotted him that easily but thanks to his characteristic white Honda, it was easy, hee hee I also met Steve and Michael for the first time, really cool! I saw TD's car as well with the unmistakable Ruf aerokit, very nice but did not have the chance to meet-up and chat a little. I followed TD's recommendation to add the 3rd radiator at RAC, excellent Mod. Anyway I had a lot of fun talking to Tim and Michael all morning. Michael's Atlas grey '04 C4S is beautiful and I would add to Tim's list of Mods for Michael's car are Porsche sport handbrake/shifter-**** w/ the silver horse shoe at the base and painted center console and bumperrettes to complete the package. But looks like these can wait a while longer, not his top priorities right now :-) I hope that there will be more of these Pcars meets in the near future around the Dallas area. Cheers...
Old 01-31-2009, 08:28 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by himself
Yikes! I wish you would have stopped me! I was running around chatting with all the folks and didn't even see you! Turns out I knew a boatload of people there. And I had my wife with me so I was running interference there as well!

The Ruf guys are great hosts. Loads of cars to gawk at, including 4 GTs, Ferraris, Lambos, and (of course) "Regular" Porsches.

We only stayed around for just under 2 hours, but it was a great time! And next time you see me, throw something at me!

-td
I should have thrown the second muffler by-pass pipe at you, but decided not to because you had the first one in your hand and I figured you would throw that one at me!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:42 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for nothing TIM!!! why not out up your own reply to your post:

this post is worthless without pictures!!!!

Damn I would have love to see you what you are referring to!!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:05 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
Thanks for nothing TIM!!! why not out up your own reply to your post:

this post is worthless without pictures!!!!

Damn I would have love to see you what you are referring to!!
Nicolaas,

Yes, you are correct, guilty as charged! I don't know what I was thinking!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:11 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

yeah, gotta admit... this thread is worthless without pics!... not even a lousy phone pic... c'mon, don't you guys know its winter here.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

pics or ban. pics or ban. pics or ban.

Or......

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 AM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
and got the change to meet Bao (Botsy67) and Michael (Michael-Dallas) for the first time in person.
Having to pay to meet fellow RL's now

And no pics, wtf!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:44 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 501 Likes on 267 Posts

I took some took some pictures, but don't have the camera with me, when get them I'll post some up. Was great to see some new faces and some great cars.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:33 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SeanR
I took some took some pictures, but don't have the camera with me, when get them I'll post some up. Was great to see some new faces and some great cars.
Sean, I was hoping someone had taken a few pics. The sooner you post 'em, the sooner these vultures will get off my back!

I know, I KNOW.... I brought this on myself!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:36 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 501 Likes on 267 Posts

Heh, I forgot my camera, but borrowed one from a buddy, as soon as he e-mails them to me I'll help ya out. Never thought I'd see 4 CGT's in one place. wow
Old 02-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Michael-Dallas
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Alright, I'm not much of a picture person, except when it's a photo opp for my picture blog or Facebook page. Anyway, here are the only pics I took on my phone (click for bigger image since Photoshop didn't do a great job resizing):

The RUF, the RUF, the RUF is on fire (in the background is Botsy67's blue Cab and a nice green 997 RGT):

Ferraris are just so sexy:

And when a plain Jane Porsche isn't sexy enough:

Two generations of 4S:

I probably should have taken more, especially of the 4 CGT that I must have missed, but I was having too much fun talking to Tim and Bao.

///Michael
Old 02-01-2009, 02:57 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Michael, thanks for posting the pics! Now these guys can get off my ***!

I can't believe you did't get a pic of Snow White (my Accord). That's what these guys REALLY waned to see!

Quick Reply: Went to the RUF Scan & Wash today