Strange "unlock" "lock" problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 05:34 PM
TOMDEG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange "unlock" "lock" problem

Hey Gang,
Got a weird problem that just started happening. When I go out to my car, I open the trunk with the key to put my stuff in. Normally this would unlock the doors. Lately, by the time I stow my gear, shut the trunk, and start walking to the drivers door, the doors lock. It takes me no more than 20 seconds to do this. I have been very careful about not accidentally hitting the button on the key. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 01-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Thats normal, if you do not open a door in a certain amount of time the car will re-lock. But that does seem like a short period of time.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:53 PM
TOMDEG
Rennlist Member

Yes, it intermittently does this. Sometimes it works as normal.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts
Default My car's doors lock in less than 20 seconds if I unlock car but don't open...

Originally Posted by TOMDEG
Hey Gang,
Got a weird problem that just started happening. When I go out to my car, I open the trunk with the key to put my stuff in. Normally this would unlock the doors. Lately, by the time I stow my gear, shut the trunk, and start walking to the drivers door, the doors lock. It takes me no more than 20 seconds to do this. I have been very careful about not accidentally hitting the button on the key. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom
door in time. IIRC this time programmable but must be done at dealer or shop with proper Porsche diagnostics computer.

Once I was having car unlock just seconds after locking it. Found the key module rubber membrane worn and was catching and holding down lock button so as soon as I'd press it to lock it would then send the unlock command.

Watch the key module LED that it doesn't flash and thus give some indication it's misbehaving.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:25 AM
TOMDEG
Rennlist Member

Good thinkin' Mac... I'll check that out.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Mabuhay
Racer

Originally Posted by Macster
door in time. IIRC this time programmable but must be done at dealer or shop with proper Porsche diagnostics computer.

Once I was having car unlock just seconds after locking it. Found the key module rubber membrane worn and was catching and holding down lock button so as soon as I'd press it to lock it would then send the unlock command.

Watch the key module LED that it doesn't flash and thus give some indication it's misbehaving.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Macster, I just did a search and didn't find anything. But would you be able to tell us what else can be programmed at the dealer? For instance, I want the doors to lock automatically each time I start to drive the car.

Quick Reply: Strange "unlock" "lock" problem