996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Help with programming

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:37 PM
TTJunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with programming

I had a VF-Engineering Supercharger installed in my 2003 C4S.
Unfortunately, VF doesn't have a program for the X-51 motor.
I wrote GIAC and got no response (what's the deal with GIAC and VF?)
Does anyone know of a tuner who can dyno tune from the OBD-II port?
Or anyone with a supercharged 996 X-51 who has found a solution?

Old 01-29-2009, 02:04 PM
deckman
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you buy the SC unit directly from VF new?
Old 01-29-2009, 02:22 PM
TTJunkie

Yes. The supercharger was purchased new from Sean at VF-Engineering. He thought there was an X-51 program when he sold me the unit. We didn't discover the error until it was already installed. I believe it was an honest mistake, I'm only looking for positive solutions. Thank you.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:58 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

call fvd, they do custom programs
Old 01-29-2009, 03:59 PM
TTJunkie

Thanks Redridge, request sent to info@fvd.us
Old 01-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Plus 1 on FVD I use them for tuning my custom setup, however I use a durametric for logging and dyno is the road. I use Wii Fi to wire my specs to the engineers in either florida or germany they modify and I reprogram with there new file they send. GL
Old 01-30-2009, 12:57 PM
TTJunkie

Thanks Mother:
I have a Durametric scanner as well. I'll mention it to FVD when they respond.

Last edited by TTJunkie; 04-13-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:03 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mother
Plus 1 on FVD I use them for tuning my custom setup, however I use a durametric for logging and dyno is the road. I use Wii Fi to wire my specs to the engineers in either florida or germany they modify and I reprogram with there new file they send. GL
Can Durametric load a file and flash the CPU?
How did you do it?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

No, Durametric (used for logging events) and FVD use different cables and software for there use. For the FVD programming, load the software onto a laptop and you send the stock file to them VIA WIFI or direct connect to computer then tell them what you have installed in/on your car headers, Turbos, SC, Gas used etc they modify the map and send back to you and then you reprogram your computer. The durametric is used to log the parameters (Using Microsoft EXCEL) idle through WOT and everything in between for about 1/2 hour and you send to them to show results of the tune. Hope that explains what you where asking.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:47 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by TTJunkie
Yes. The supercharger was purchased new from Sean at VF-Engineering. He thought there was an X-51 program when he sold me the unit. We didn't discover the error until it was already installed. I believe it was an honest mistake, I'm only looking for positive solutions. Thank you.
Hope you find a good solution. I asked RUF about a S/C conversion for my 996 X51 and they said no. Part of their conversion lowers the compression and by doing that the S/C conversion defeats any of the benefits associated with the X51 ECU, cam and other differences.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:58 PM
TTJunkie

Yes, the VFE supercharger defeats the benifits of the X51 motor. PowerChip did an EXCELLENT tune for the X51 motor, so I know it can be done, I just need to find a tuner. I've contacted FVD several times, still no response, which is odd since I recently spent $1700 on a custom 340mm Datona GT steering wheel? Steve Slauson of Softech says he can do it, but I'm having trouble finding an AWD dyno in San Jose for him to use. Todd Zuccone of EVOMS can also tune my car from scratch, but he needs the car in Arizona for a few days. Of all the options, waiting for a response from FVD seems prudent.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:06 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

i think your best bet is to send to evoms and have them do it. they have all the tools they need to get it done right..good luck and let us know of the outcome.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:09 PM
BillJ
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Why will the original vendor who sold you the equipment not work withyou to tune it properly? Seems to me that if they "thought" that it would work with X51 that they would not stand behind that commitment and get it done for you.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:17 PM
TTJunkie

Manny: You're probably right. If I don't have a solution by the time I take my next vacation, I'm driving down to Arizona for a complete tune! Or maybe I can fly someone from EVOMS up to San Jose? Todd, are you reading this?

Bill: VFE has a great supercharger, but they no longer have tuner support. There is nothing they can do. I should mention that the car can light up all four tires in first, second and third gears (with 245/40 front and 335/30 rear Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires)! There is NOTHING wrong with the VFE supercharger; there is simply no program available for the VFE supercharger on the 996 X51 motor.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:10 PM
TTJunkie

Here's the final answer from FVD:
As far as the supercharger is concerned we have changed our policy on programming other aftermarket supercharger kits. Our programmers will no longer program others kits unless we have the car on our engine dyno. I really apologize but we have worked with about 3 different customers along these lines but in the end we spent countless hours working on these projects with little to no profit. So unfortunately we can no longer do this unless we have the car inhouse at FVD Germany.

Quick Reply: Help with programming