Sponsored by:

996 Turbo Throttle Body or Computer

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 996 Turbo Throttle Body or Computer

Hi...I have a 996 Twin Turbo with either a throttle body or computer problem. The car stalls and idles rough on occasion...And then, starts up a day later with no problems...The dealer is telling me that it's either the throttle body or the computer...my question is...has anyone else experienced this?

The car has over 600 hp and tons of performance upgrades...so, if I need to replace the throttle bodies, does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of upgraded throttle body I should get?

Thanks so much for the help!!
Old 12-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts
Default Might be TB, or computer, or any other mod that's been added or..

Originally Posted by Damien Lewis
Hi...I have a 996 Twin Turbo with either a throttle body or computer problem. The car stalls and idles rough on occasion...And then, starts up a day later with no problems...The dealer is telling me that it's either the throttle body or the computer...my question is...has anyone else experienced this?

The car has over 600 hp and tons of performance upgrades...so, if I need to replace the throttle bodies, does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of upgraded throttle body I should get?

Thanks so much for the help!!
AOS or leaking injector, plug, or...

IIRC, you can disconnect MAF from wiring harness and run engine to see if symptoms go away. (You don't list MAF as a suspect, but I'm lumping that under "computer".)

Is TB clean/free of oil? After market oiled air filter can foul MAF or a failing AOS.

Check engine light on? If so, what are error codes?

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: 996 Turbo Throttle Body or Computer