996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Tequipment Rear Spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:47 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed on all counts. Need to do some exhaustive research to execute 1.0"~1.5" drop and still maintain the current stock and wife-friendly ride characteristics.
  • ROW M030
  • H&R Street-Perf. Coil-Over
  • Bilstein PSS10

Thanks all for the spoiler feedback!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Jon996
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Anders0n||C4S
Agreed on all counts. Need to do some exhaustive research to execute 1.0"~1.5" drop and still maintain the current stock and wife-friendly ride characteristics.
  • ROW M030
  • H&R Street-Perf. Coil-Over
  • Bilstein PSS10

Thanks all for the spoiler feedback!
Hi! Another C4S here (2003). Personally, I felt the stock ride a little on the harsh side. Our roads up here are not the the best (putting it politely). PSS10s even at a moderately stiff setting seemed much better to both my wife and to me. They seemed to dampen the bumps better rather than transmit everything up our spines. Drop is adjustable, but we went down about 1.5in in front and 1 in rear ending up with a level ride but still come room so that I don't hit the stops around town.

Tweeking tire pressure (another controversial topic to liven up the thread) also makes a big difference.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:01 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Jon, this sounds promising. Do you have any pictures of your adjusted ride height? Actually, we're out of scope for this thread; just PM me a link if you have one.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:24 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

thats kit is like a $7k option... I thought our NB kits are expensive.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:49 AM
itacud
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Michael-Dallas
Does that C4S rear spoiler increase also airflow to the engine?

Thanks,

///Michael

There is a small ram air flow scoop at the front of the tail's base - that would redirect air back into the intake. It's not nearly as significant as the ram intake scoops on the newer GT3 wings, but there's definitely something there.

To the O.P., the combination of the 4S aerokit's rear wing and front spoiler do make a very noticable difference to the car's feel at speed. The aerokit gives both front and rear axels very slightly negative lift coefficients, and the result is very nice both on track and on highway. I do recommend doing the whole aerokit, and not just part of it.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Tequipment Rear Spoiler?