Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed V Band Clamps - Good but their handling charges are BS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 02:34 PM
solihull
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabspeed V Band Clamps - Good but their handling charges are BS!

I ordered a set of V band clamps from Fabspeed. Cost $60.00. Shipping $9.00 (PA to VT via FedEx). Just as I was tossing out the FedEx package I noticed the invoice had a $5.00 dollar "HANDLING" fee. What is this? Five bucks to put clamps in a fedex bag? They should at least tell you they are going to charge a "HANDLING" fee or just change the price to $65.00 for the frigging clamps. That's just a $5.00 profit to Fabspeed and it's BS.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:05 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Solihull,

I absolutely agree with you!

I recently ordered one BMC F1 air filter from them. I got charged $15 in shipping PLUS a $5 "handling fee". They didn't tell me they were charging the fee before I paid either.

When I got the filter, all they had done was slap a Fed-ex sticker on the outside of the BMC box. Besides the fact that the "display" box was beat to hell, they didn't even do anything.

Here's a little lesson in business terminology for fabspeed. A "handling fee" is meant to cover the cost of materials and labor in padding and packaging an item. It does not mean you "handled" the box as it went out the door.

Oh, and yes when we own $100k vehicles, we are picky, we do expect great service, and we don't like to be nickled and dimed. Producing a quality product is only part of the equation.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:13 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

You'll find the v band clamps are junk anyway, I ended up using oem porsche 996c4s clamps, a 100x stronger, won't loosen.
Yes, handling charges are bull****, if you wanna raise the price 5$ across the board do that instead. I would've returned it for a refund.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed V Band Clamps - Good but their handling charges are BS!