996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Regular gas

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 01:42 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok then, so there's no need for folks to drive 20 miles to get premium gas.

Originally Posted by tooloud10
Your engine will not blow from using regular gas, so it's kind of a moot point.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts
Default When lease companies and factories are seeing residual values...

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
WHATEVER...... a lease company checking the residual value against the octane your filling up with and using google to find out statements you have written on a forum?? Stop reading the fantastic 4 novels....stop smoking the crack pipe and get real......big brother is not watching you or me.....start living...yes you can search the internet for **** (if you don't want your boyfriend to find out....use the privacy setting).....just don't search for illegal **** and it is okay!! some people are just tooooo much!!!
dropping like bank stocks, you bet.

Querying engine computer for misfire counts or times it had to retard ignition and other info saved can clearly indicate engine fed wrong grade of fuel.

Just depends upon how hard the lease company/factory wants to push it.

Also, more and more stories about judges/courts/DAs searching web and facebook and other social sites for info about people up for sentencing or under court orders to abstain from drinking.

In one case a search found a guy charged with drunken driving still drinking and partying. He posted pictures at his social site of his partying holding a drink in his hand. He got book tossed at him.

In another case, young woman involved in a fatal accident and during trial or sentencing phase again pictures of her drinking/partying against court's orders and as a result received much stiffer sentence.

Prospective employers can do a web search for postings by job applicants...

Can lease companies be far behind?

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:40 AM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster

Querying engine computer for misfire counts or times it had to retard ignition and other info saved can clearly indicate engine fed wrong grade of fuel.

Also, more and more stories about judges/courts/DAs searching web and facebook and other social sites for info about people up for sentencing or under court orders to abstain from drinking.

In one case a search found a guy charged with drunken driving still drinking and partying. He posted pictures at his social site of his partying holding a drink in his hand. He got book tossed at him.

In another case, young woman involved in a fatal accident and during trial or sentencing phase again pictures of her drinking/partying against court's orders and as a result received much stiffer sentence.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Seriously?
Old 10-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sincerely,

Macster.
this guy is unbelievable!! My engine never even gives a hiccup on 87....and it is only 4 away form 91 anyways...maybe older cars like 996 P's shouldn't be driven on low oc's but the "modern" marvels like overhauled in chevy tahoe, yukon and escalade really don't care much they even run on corn!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:10 AM
eDoug
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sincerely, Macster.
Geez, I'm sure glad I'm not living inside your head - the world sounds like a pretty scary place... Sorry - this is just my opinion, and my philosophy on life - but me thinks you're taking this to extremes - long live the ACLU!

"I wouldn't be so paranoid if they weren't all out to get me!"

Last edited by eDoug; 10-01-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Piccia
Instructor

No premium in Franklin, TN (south of Nashville). Going on a week now. I'm driving as little as possible.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:14 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I this no gas thing is starting to reach VA. I'm really not believing the whole pipeline inspection theory.

Originally Posted by Piccia
No premium in Franklin, TN (south of Nashville). Going on a week now. I'm driving as little as possible.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:39 PM
87 944 C
Drifting

actually its true, some companies check if an applicant has a personal site, see what the person is like outside of work, or if talk down their past employee, it was on 60minutes back in like 06.(photographic memory thank you). i think it's something like invasion of privacy that mostly defers employers from doing so, but most employee's don't relize it.

as for running 87(regular around me) no i'm not driving a 911, but my 944 has no issue's with it. had to do it recently because more and more stations are choosing not to bring in 93...which i think some people are going to have issues with. i'm used to 35mpg highway, i'm lucky if i'm pulling 28 now.

Quick Reply: Regular gas