Another "What's is worth..." 99-01 cab top and window

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:03 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another "What's is worth..." 99-01 cab top and window

Ok, another what's it worth...

A very long and horrific story short, I had to replace my cab top, so I went Porsche OEM for the top and window. After two tries to install the window, the dealer sent my car out (without my approval) and had the window stitched in. For the amount of money paid, this was unacceptable to me, so after several months, the dealer finally agreed to replace my top with a factory new one.

Now I have an original top, which is in excellent condition (about 1 yr on car, less than 2k miles) that I want to sell to cover the other damage the dealer did to my car but refused to acknowledge. The window is also Porsche OEM, and except for the visible stitching, is like new. the quality of the stitching work is not the best (see pics), but for someone that needs a low cost top, this could be a good alternative.

I will answer any questions I can, and any details on the story via pm if interested. I also have better pics that I can email.

Note - due to the issues with window installation, Porsche now makes a top with the window sewn in from the factory. This is what I have now and am very pleased.
Attached Images    
Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

C'mon, not one idea or opinion! I would like to post it in the classifieds here first when I figure out what is fair, before posting it you know where...
Old 09-18-2008, 09:00 PM
capt601
Instructor

I think it is worth $50 or so
and put me at the top of your list for that price!!
I would think a few hundred less than new?

Quick Reply: Another "What's is worth..." 99-01 cab top and window