Sponsored by:

Aero Kit woes

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Dominick
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aero Kit woes

In Late July I finally convinced the wife that I NEEDED an Aero kit on my 2001 C4.
I start bidding on a Full MK1 Aero kit (front bumper, skirts, rear deck) on EBay. Turns out DPS was the seller – (good grief)

On Aug 1st we agree on price, and DPS charges my credit card. I selected the unpainted aero kit with the hopes that all the bad press regarding DPS’ and their delivery times was due to custom paint.
Guess what? IT DOESN”T!!!!

My Saga
So my order goes in on Aug 1st - Dayton says that shipping might be a week or so because the parts are coming from 3 different places.

2 weeks after order a box shows up at my body shop - Yippee!!!!
- Excitement gone - it was only the side skirts

Call DPS - Dayton remindes me that the parts come from 3 different warehouses and will be in 3 deliveries
So in theory, 2 other boxes should be on their way!!

Week 4 - Still nothing
I call DPS to find out where my parts are. Dayton advises me -apparently my front bumper was returned by FedEx damaged during shipping, but he is sending out another ASAP.
I ask – So the Rear deck is still on its way??
DPS – Yes it’s on its way. I'll email you the tracking number
Email with tracking number never came

Yesterday (week 6) - call Dayton to ask where my parts are.
He finally gives me 1 tracking number and says they will be there tomorrow.
I say – what do you mean they? I thought the rear deck lid was on its way.
Dayton – No – I put them in the same box to help you out and save time
Today – almost week 7
Box shows at Body shop – they open it and, surprise – front bumper only – NO REAR DECK LID
Called Dayton - he took my number is said he’ll call me back –
Yeah sure – better chance of me loosing 20 years, 30 lbs and becoming a model

7 weeks – they have their $$ I still don’t have all my parts

Sorry - Had to get that off my chest
I give up
Old 09-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That sucks
Old 09-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

'They' shouldn't be able to stay in business if they can't deliver product better than your story illustrates. Too bad...hope you can resolve it. I'd suggest you contact your credit card company before it becomes 14 weeks and still waiting.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

That is just unacceptable!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Duffs4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar experience when I ordered my aero front and sides from them. In my case it wasn't much of a bother since it was the middle of winter in central NY. In the end it all showed up.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:39 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Dayton sent mine right away, but that was two years ago. I was really pleased with delivery then. I think he had all the parts in stock when I ordered them.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Dominick
Racer

Originally Posted by smshirk
Dayton sent mine right away, but that was two years ago. I was really pleased with delivery then. I think he had all the parts in stock when I ordered them.

You must be on the friends and family plan!!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Sorry Dominick. I figured that you might be onto a loser here.

I'm still fighting Dayton for my refund. He sent me info yesterday on the transaction number (a week and many emails after I first requested it), but has not told me when he actually processed it. He told me that it was processed around Aug 22nd, but I have no proof to support that and he has a track record of his words and actions not matching up. You never know if you can believe a word he says.

In my case the refund still hasn't hit my card, I have no proof if/when he actually processed it and 2 weeks have passed. I'm at the point where I'm about to file a dispute if the credit has not hit my card by Monday.

It's a real pity as he has nice products and is a truly nice guy, but he is totally unreliable. He makes promises that he consistently and repeatedly fails to deliver upon. I was told 2 weeks for the first half of my partial aero kit and it took 8 weeks. I was told 2 weeks for the aero wing and it took 7 weeks. After 7 weeks the wing that arrived was not as described. Dayton promised repeatedly that I would not be able to tell the difference between his wing and an OEM wing. I figured that was okay. The wing that arrived was not adjustable and the paint job was poor quality and had many flaws.

To Dayton's credit he took the wing back and has promised to issue a full credit (after all, the wing was nothing like he promised), but it does amaze me that he stays in business when he does this to so many Rennlisters.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:42 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

I thought highly of DPS at one point. When I bought my bumper and rockers... it took three months, but like other post it was during winter... same story with the promises. It eventually made it...... DPS is def down the tubes now!
Old 09-05-2008, 06:24 PM
VTBigYellow
Track Day

Funny this thread should come up today. I just received a set of sideskirts from them yesterday, the shipping was actually very quick, took less than one week. The skirts, however, were advertised as "NEW" painted black but they turned up looking like ****! They are DEFINITELY going to need a repaint as they are all scuffed and scratched to hell...
Old 09-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by redridge
I thought highly of DPS at one point. When I bought my bumper and rockers... it took three months, but like other post it was during winter... same story with the promises. It eventually made it...... DPS is def down the tubes now!
Yeah, I know, I used to sing his praises also.

When I bought my partial aero kit from him it took a long time and he strung me along, but he did eventually deliver everything that he promised... it just took some time and a couple of extra deliveries to get the hardware.

At this point I've just had one broken promise too many.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

lol, that's why I posted my neg experience with them regarding purchase of traffic-pro gps/antennae. Some of the rennlisters here gave me a hard time for posting my negative exp. But the same BS run around you got, and lack of delivery for paid items is exactly what I complained about.

Bottom line: These guys SUCK
Old 09-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

It's sad, but the body of evidence is that there are a significant number around here that have suffered the cure of Eternal Broken Promises.

I'm not a big fan of jumping to condemn, but there have been too many reports like this over the last year.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:39 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Wow that sucks cause I feel I'm in the same wagon with my GT3 seats in metropol blue. At first he said he had a few sets on its way even before I had paid and then once I paid, it was a misunderstanding but still wouldn't take long. like 2 to 3 weeks max and that was early August or even late July. I had specifically told him that I needed the seats for my next event in early September and if he was sure they couldn't make it in time, I would just order them during the winter. No point for me to spend 3K on seats right now if I can't have them for my last events. He completely understood and assured me I would have them in time. Now sept. 5th and still no seats.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

why don't you guys contest with visa/mc/amex???

Quick Reply: Aero Kit woes