Sponsored by:

Zymol OR Rejex?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 01:24 AM
911_993_997
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Zymol OR Rejex?

I keep hearing about the magic of Rejex & everything. But Zymol also has a great history. Has anyone tried both?

I've been looking at this: http://029c29b.netsolstores.com/zymo...rglaze8oz.aspx
It says it was developed specifically for Porsches & all kinds of crap. Wondering how great it is. I don't want to pay $100 for it just to end up finding out that the cheap bottle of Rejex actually works better.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Idocdes
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$100 for wax, should wax itself
Old 08-21-2008, 10:05 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

2 completely different products. One is a polymer sealant, the other a carnuba wax. So it depends on what you want...carnubas are known for shine, but lack durability. Sealants usually have excellent durability. I have used both and a bunch of other stuff. Bottom line is I use Zaino now.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wross996tt
2 completely different products. One is a polymer sealant, the other a carnuba wax. So it depends on what you want...carnubas are known for shine, but lack durability. Sealants usually have excellent durability. I have used both and a bunch of other stuff. Bottom line is I use Zaino now.
+1
I use Rejex on the wheels but Zaino on the bodywork. IMHO nothing beats a Zaino shine.
BTW, gorgeous car
Old 08-21-2008, 10:32 AM
pszikla
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Statman,
Your car is sick gorgeous!
Pete
Old 08-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Rejex for shine and durability.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Consumer reports was not impressed with Zymol
Old 08-21-2008, 10:36 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Zymol Fan

I've been using Zymol for years, and I'm very happy with the results, and I enjoy waxing my car twice a year. Is that a lot?
Attached Images   
Old 08-21-2008, 10:47 PM
911TTCAB
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Zymol products for years. Just started using the Glasur Wax when I got my pcar a few months ago. Developed with the PCA and you put it on with your hand (no applicator). Smells great too.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:27 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Zymol for years....and it was great, but didn't last very long. I used Rejex recently...great shine, and is fantastic at preventing stuff from "caking" on the finish. For example...after a few months with Zymol, if you run your hand along the finish of the car, it can feel cruddy and what not.

I rejexed...hmmmm...maybe 6 months ago, and while the shine isn't as apparent anymore, the finish is very very smooth. So, in my opinion, Rejex is much better at keeping the car "clean". Mine is also a daily driver and has been thru all of the elements.

Haven't tried Zaino, but if it's as easy to use as Rejex and can "seal" the car just as well....I might consider it.

J
Old 08-21-2008, 11:32 PM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wross996tt
Shine don't lie. That car looks good.

Coming from someone who has done a lot of color sanding and then buffing to a shine, its not the sealer or wax that counts, but the polish. If you have a bad polish every topcoat will be compromised. Rejex will last and shine, but will do very little to cover scratches / swirls in the paint surface. Wax will do more to cover the micro scratches so may make a car look better (for a little while.)
IMO, they're all overrated/overhyped which is why I now use Mothers Synwax from Pep Boys. Easy to get, cheap, and easy to use.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:33 PM
911_993_997
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Well my car is Cobalt Blue Metallic, not a very common color, but very beautiful, especially in person. I want to bring the shine out as much as possible, but of course I also want it to be protected as long as possible. Has anyone tried using Rejex, & then on top of that some sort of carnauba wax to make it shine even more?

Last edited by 911_993_997; 08-22-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:04 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like that would make sense. BTW, I paid about $75 including shipping and handling for Zymol Carbon from Performance.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:07 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wax doesn't stick very well to rejex, or any of the better sealants like Zaino or Ultima PGP.

Zaino Z8 ("Grand Finale") is probably the best "topper" I've seen for sealants on dark colors, and works on top of pretty much any real sealant, although I'm not sure what it will look like on your color, might make it very dark. Just like wax, it won't last too long on the sealant.

if you go to polymers you need to first make an investment in polishing, which can cost money in equipment and product, but is the only way to really get a perfect surface to seal. if you don't, high end sealants will make every little flaw in your paint look much worse, they won't bond properly, etc. Like all things paint, it's all about the prep. I use Menzerna polishes and an Ultimate Detailing Machine (hopped up Porter Cable random orbital polisher)

If you're looking for some quick deep shine without all the work, consider meguiars NXT tech wax 2.0 and their ultimate quick detailer. Will hide flaws, can be applied without machinery, is pretty cheap all things considered, and is a once a month kind of thing. I hear good things about the mothers Synwax as well.

If you are going for max shine in a long lasting sealant, go with Zaino or Ultima, both systems are incredible and have one and two step products to minimize your expenses. I am currently using ultima on the 911, but I do have rejex on one of our Audis (white) which spends a lot of nights sitting on the street in manhattan, a really bad environment for paint. Shine fades after a few weeks but it beads water and repels all kinds of dirt for much longer.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...light=detailed

Last edited by htny; 08-22-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:24 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 911TTCAB
I have used Zymol products for years. Just started using the Glasur Wax when I got my pcar a few months ago. Developed with the PCA and you put it on with your hand (no applicator). Smells great too.
I love those sport technos

Quick Reply: Zymol OR Rejex?