Sponsored by:

Tail of the Dragon run Labor Day wknd

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Thundertub
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool Tail of the Dragon run Labor Day wknd

I have made room reservations at the Super 8 motel in Black Mountain, NC, off I-40, just EAST of Asheville. They had awesome rates compared to the stuff in town or to the west of Ashville for that weekend. I plan to get up Saturday morning in Jax, mow the lawn, and then straggle up and arrive late. Getting up slowly Sunday morning, having a nice breakfast, and then heading over to drive the tail and roads around. Also plan to do some return roads like 64 and 9 to Black Mountain Rd. Whatever. Straggle back to Jax on Monday (National Holiday).
All are welcome to come and join me. No formal anything. Just The Tail, the T-shirt, and whatever. I'll be the Guards Red 996 with Aero kit and black interior in the parking lot Sunday morning (sheesh like I would be the only one of those). Leaving the weinermobile at home for this one.

For folks who need more structure and more expense, there is still room to go this weekend: www.PCAFCR.org. They have over 40 Porsches signed up from around the Southeast.

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...ap_click.y=243

Last edited by Thundertub; 08-12-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:39 PM
TMAC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is one sick road. I was just up in Helen, GA where I would consider the start of this road is. I had a blast. One day I want to get my 996 up through NC and run all these roads. If you can make this it is more than worth the trip.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Robert W. Bausum Jr.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/
Old 08-12-2008, 08:40 PM
SC996
Instructor

Maybe, let me check the schedule, college football getting cranked up.

Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon run Labor Day wknd