Does this look right? (Rollbar)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:14 AM
insite
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBY
Okey thanks guys, now Im a bit calmer!

Second question, what is INBOARD HARNESS MOUNT?
norbert -

the reason the outside mount for the roll bar uses an eye bolt is so that you can clip a racing harness to it. you will need a place to clip the inboard portion of the lap belts, too. brey-krause makes brackets that bolt to the factory seat belt mounting points. they have a provision which allows you to clip in a harness, too. see pic below. BK also makes an extra short version of this bracket, which i recommend. it's shorter than the one in the picture & is more comfortable; it also allows people w/ smaller waists to more easily adjust the harnesses.

basically, you can attach your shoulder harnesses to the DAS bar and leave them hanging behind your seats. when you go to the track, you clip in your lap harnesses & pull the shoulder belts over the seat. it's a quick and easy way to go from street seat belts to track harnesses.
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2008, 09:31 AM
NOBY
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see, can I attach it later as right now I dont have this part and propably need to order it from the USA and gonna do the bar this week. But Im good without this part as long as I go street belt?
Old 07-23-2008, 09:45 AM
insite
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NOBY
I see, can I attach it later as right now I dont have this part and propably need to order it from the USA and gonna do the bar this week. But Im good without this part as long as I go street belt?
absolutely. you only need it if you want to use clip-in harnesses.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:46 AM
insite
Three Wheelin'

here's a pic of the short ones. the part number is R-9004.
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2008, 10:36 AM
NOBY
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

You may want to reconsider the long vs short tunnel-side mounts. When I finally got the GT3 seats, I ordered the short mounts. The short mounts make it a little harder to connect and disconnect the belts given the tight space between the seat and the tunnel. I ordered and mounted the longer mounts. I still have the short tunnel side mounts for anyone that wants it.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:13 PM
insite
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Palting
You may want to reconsider the long vs short tunnel-side mounts. When I finally got the GT3 seats, I ordered the short mounts. The short mounts make it a little harder to connect and disconnect the belts given the tight space between the seat and the tunnel. I ordered and mounted the longer mounts. I still have the short tunnel side mounts for anyone that wants it.
definitely a preference for long vs. short. with the long mounts, the clips on my harness would dig into my side a bit. this probably wouldn't be an issue w/ GT3 seats. another thing with the long mounts: i couldn't adjust the belts tight enough for smaller females unless i adjusted their seats uncomfortably far forward.

Quick Reply: Does this look right? (Rollbar)