Sponsored by:

Sun Roof Has Mind of it's own

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 07:20 PM
silotwo
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silotwo
I am traveling this week so I dropped mine of at the dealer to have the sunroof looked at. I'll post when I get back and I'll share what they say.
Well, good news bad news. The dealer installed a new sunroof switch under CPO warranty. Bad news is the problem still exists. They now think it might be the motor so it goes back in tomorrow morning. I hate being with out my p-car!

Also, the dealer did a great job on nearly eliminating all interior rattles and exhaust rattles, and at no charge under CPO. I am ever more grateful that I paid the piper for a CPO car.

I'll post an update on the sunroof after this visit to the dealer.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:37 AM
silotwo
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked up the car this evening and it is a pleasure! Sunroof works perfectly including the one touch operation. No more mind of it's own opening and closing, just this precision feel and sound of the roof operating. Sunroof motor replaced and fully covered under CPO warranty. I have to say that it was SWEET to read the details of the work, including the disassembly and reassembly of the dash and door panel to fix the rattles and then to see a charge for a grand total of $00.00!

Since I am so quick to complain about lousy service I need to give them a big thumbs up this time around for a great job and for treating me in a really nice way.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:31 PM
heroin
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My '01 automatically opens after trying to close it as well (PHX, AZ). Does anyone know of the preferred rail lubricant?

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:32 PM
jasper
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I used a white lithium grease a while back (date is posted in this thead) and the problem went away until a few months ago. It started failing again, very occasionally but I expect it will get worse.

So while lithium isn't the answer.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:40 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by silotwo
I picked up the car this evening and it is a pleasure! Sunroof works perfectly including the one touch operation. No more mind of it's own opening and closing, just this precision feel and sound of the roof operating. Sunroof motor replaced and fully covered under CPO warranty. I have to say that it was SWEET to read the details of the work, including the disassembly and reassembly of the dash and door panel to fix the rattles and then to see a charge for a grand total of $00.00!

Since I am so quick to complain about lousy service I need to give them a big thumbs up this time around for a great job and for treating me in a really nice way.
Glad you found the issue.
How many others have had to replace the motors?
My 02 is having sunroof issues in Hawaii (poor me) and I like using it.

Quick Reply: Sun Roof Has Mind of it's own