2002 Porsche 996 C2 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008 | 03:36 PM
997nut
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Porsche 996 C2 for sale

Hello fellow Rennlisters,

I regretfully inform you all that I am selling my baby. It is a 2002 Porsche 996 C2 and it really hurts me to let it go. I will list all of the options it has and some pictures. I live in Southern California so if any interested people want to take a look, please sent me a pm. For those of you that are wondering, I am selling my 996 because my career has taken a huge dive. I have been in the mortgage business over the past 5 years and it has been a great run. I am not able to afford a Porsche right now because of the payments, gas and maintenance involved in owning this beautiful piece of machinery. Bottom line, the business just isn't what it used to be. As soon as the economy gets better and I am financial stable again, I will be right back in the Porsche family. I can honestly say, with a unbiased opinion, that Porsches are the ultimate sports cars. I have driven them all, corvettes, vipers, BMW's, etc. None of them have the feel of a Porsche. I am sure those of you that own one, hopefully everyone in this forum, understand what I am saying. So enough about my life story, here is what the car has:

• 2002 Porsche 996 C2
• Exterior is Black
• Interior is a dark blue (Looks black to me)
• 50,800 Miles
• 6 speed
• 45,000 Service done (Spent over $2,200, will show receipts)
• Brand new rotors and brake pads all around
• Michelin tires with about 40% thread left
• 6 DISC CD Changer
• Carbon Fiber factory package (Door Sills, Odometer Area, Dash, Etc)
• Extra set of Fabspeed bypass pipes
• Never been tracked
• I am the 3rd owner
• Washed weekly, Clayed every 3 months,
• Waxed every month, Interior conditioned monthly
• I have all paperwork and records

When I purchased this car almost 2 years ago, I had a PPI done by NARW in Reseda CA. Those of you that are familiar with So Cal have probably heard of Klaus. He found everything to be in excellent condition and no flaws with the car. He did tell me however that this car had a brand new engine in it. I was confused. My dealer of course didn't know anything about it. I did some research and found out that before the factory warranty ran out, the engine had been completely replaced by Downtown LA Porsche by the previous owner. I don't know why it was replaced and the dealer would not tell me exactly because they said they didn't know. They just verified that a brand new engine has been put in at 30,000 miles. I asked Klaus if this is normal and he said it happens. He told me that if there is any problem with the car and they think its from the engine, Porsche does not repair it but completely installs a new engine. After taking his word, I bought the car. 20,000 miles later, no problems, no noise, no RMS leak, nothing. The car is FLAWLESS!

Asking price is $36,500 obo

Here are some pictures. I have a really crappy camera so these picture do not show the beauty of the car. if you are serious and want to take a look at the car, PM me. I have also posted this as in the for sale section. I hope it is okay to post here to as I am a paying member.

Old 07-09-2008 | 06:37 PM
alx_carrera
Advanced

Hey sorry to hear that! Good luck on the sale and I am sure in no time you will be back in a P-Car..
Old 07-09-2008 | 06:46 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I dig the blue interior, I have it in my Audi A6. GL on sale, that is a catch for sure.
Old 07-09-2008 | 07:08 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

GL on the sale and hope things turn around for you soon. You're definitely not alone, keep the faith.
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:07 AM
997nut
Intermediate

Thanks for the kind words guys, I hope to be back soon in the P-Car family.
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:32 AM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I can vouch for Klaus and the work that's done at NARW. Klause has maintained my car almost exclusively for the last 3 years. He's extremely knowledgable of all things Porsche (street and track).... late model street cars, cup cars, 914's, 356's, and everything in between. NARW has been an official Tech Inspection Station for the Porsche Owner's Club for many years and is highly regarded in the POC community.

I'm not affiliated with NARW in any way other than being a very satisfied customer. In short, if Klause gave the OP's car a blessing, the car is in great shape. Period.

Last edited by LiveNupe; 07-11-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-11-2008 | 03:50 AM
911_993_997
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

PM sent.

Quick Reply: 2002 Porsche 996 C2 for sale