Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Actual 996 engine failure statistics? (Searched)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 05:37 PM
eDoug
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salayc
Hmmmm, then how do we know you did not sign an NDA? Perhaps you signed an agreement to state that you signed no agreement?
Okay, you got me. I signed an agreement that there wasn't an agreement that I didn't have my engine replaced, and it wasn't PCNA who authorized and paid the bill. Uh-oh, too many double negatives there... all I know is I was only $900 out of pocket with a new clutch, new coolant tank & coolant, and new brake fluid.

Regardless - I'm driving around nursing my car through break-in - and it's killing me. I haven't had it above 4,200 rpms, use the throttle relatively sparingly, changed the oil after the first 800 miles, and I gotta say, it's cramping my driving style. One thing I've learned and respected is that it takes a good 10 minutes - sometimes 20 just to get the oil temp up. On the bright side, all this attention to limits makes it feel like I just got a brand new car.

Once I'm into the 1,500 mile range, I'll start to loosen up and push it a bit more, maybe 5.5k rpms... I also need to have a bit of the oil drained as it's just above the top line on the dipstick - probably not a good thing.

Quick Reply: Actual 996 engine failure statistics? (Searched)