996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

British and Italian friends for my P-car

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 01:49 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very, very nice... I finally had the opportunity two weeks ago to drive an 08 Vantage at the Aston dealer in Vegas. My wife and I are interested in weekend "touring" car and have begun the search.

I really enjoyed that car! I can see why it is part of your collection... Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear got my wife excited about it, and we were both thrilled to drive it. We then drove a Bentley Continental GT and were extrememly underwhelmed...

Enjoy those fine rides! I'd be giddy as well!

-Blake
Old 05-31-2008, 02:35 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice!
it's indeed a interesting problem to pick a the right car every morning.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll help you spend more money:
If you're really a Baller, then you need to also get the 3 "classic versions" of each car.
Then post a picture of them all together.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:23 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Your stable is scary gorgeous. The orange AM and titanium F430 are awesome as is. Wanna give us a hint as to what you do? Entertainment/Sports/Halliburton? Got to be one of those.
lol. Internet marketing. Not a bad gig all in all.

Thanks for all the comments guys. The N400 is in my garage as I type. Weather is a bit sketchy today here in the NE but I'll try to get some pics posted tomorow.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:25 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer
I'll help you spend more money:
If you're really a Baller, then you need to also get the 3 "classic versions" of each car.
Then post a picture of them all together.
I agree. It's good to have goals. Just give me a year or two to get my Gallardo and Carrera GT first!
Old 06-01-2008, 10:41 AM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

Let me know what you think...

I think you're living the American dream and you're the envy of most of us. As previously requested, what exactly to you do for a living?
Old 06-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Very nice! enjoy!!

What am I doing wrong? Maybe I should start knocking over convenience stores at night! )
Old 06-01-2008, 01:39 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Originally Posted by skiracer
Let me know what you think...

I think you're living the American dream and you're the envy of most of us. As previously requested, what exactly to you do for a living?
Mentioned before I was in Internet marketing. That's about as specific as I want to be on a public forum. If anyone is curious, happy to reply via PM but can promise you it's not really that exciting.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

If you enjoy your 'cars' it really doesn't matter what you do, or did to get them. Just to be able to enjoy driving all of them has got to be a rush.How long have you owned your Healey 3000?
Old 06-01-2008, 03:08 PM
johnnyq
Advanced

Originally Posted by LiveFromNY
I agree. It's good to have goals. Just give me a year or two to get my Gallardo and Carrera GT first!

LiveFrom NY,

I just bought my cab from the mercedes dealer there in Greenwich. The day I went to pick it up, I had to wait around for a couple of hours for the guy who was registering my car for me to come back from the NY DMV ( was earilier than my appontment time). Anyway, while I was hanging around, I got talking to the general manager. We were talking about alot of the dealers around there. He was telling me that the Lamborghini dealer was hurting. He said they had only sold one car for the month of april. Might be a good time to low ball them.

By the way, mu good friend has a 07 f430 spider. Got it last summer after being on a waiting list for 2 years, then the car was delivered about 8 months later than it was supposed to be. The car is insane. It is like a bike on 4 wheels. Congrats
John
Old 06-01-2008, 08:17 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Originally Posted by Barn996
If you enjoy your 'cars' it really doesn't matter what you do, or did to get them. Just to be able to enjoy driving all of them has got to be a rush.How long have you owned your Healey 3000?
Picked up the Healey in 2000. It's a Mark I car that is fully restored to original specs. So much fun to drive and a great investment...
Old 06-01-2008, 08:19 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Originally Posted by johnnyq
LiveFrom NY,

I just bought my cab from the mercedes dealer there in Greenwich. The day I went to pick it up, I had to wait around for a couple of hours for the guy who was registering my car for me to come back from the NY DMV ( was earilier than my appontment time). Anyway, while I was hanging around, I got talking to the general manager. We were talking about alot of the dealers around there. He was telling me that the Lamborghini dealer was hurting. He said they had only sold one car for the month of april. Might be a good time to low ball them.

By the way, mu good friend has a 07 f430 spider. Got it last summer after being on a waiting list for 2 years, then the car was delivered about 8 months later than it was supposed to be. The car is insane. It is like a bike on 4 wheels. Congrats
John

Yeah, I stopped by the Lambo dealer after buying the Ferarri just to make sure I was making the right choice. They seemed eager to sell me a car which, in Greenwich, is rare.

Tempting but I gotta slow down and catch my breath!
Old 06-01-2008, 08:29 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Very nice selections! Enjoy in good health.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:37 PM
pete13
Intermediate

Wow, I've always been an AM=British Racing Green, Ferrari=Red type of traditionalist, but seeing those two color schemes just changed that! Those cars in "non-traditional" paint look absolutely stunning!!! Congrats on the acquisition.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:44 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Originally Posted by pete13
Wow, I've always been an AM=British Racing Green, Ferrari=Red type of traditionalist, but seeing those two color schemes just changed that! Those cars in "non-traditional" paint look absolutely stunning!!! Congrats on the acquisition.
Too funny. I am exactly the same way.

The 2007 Aston I just traded in was silver because, in my mind, that was the classic AM color (Bond... James Bond). And I always swore my first Ferrari would be red/tan. But there's something to be said about unique colors.

I took a ride in the new Aston today and was cracking up. People always looked at my last car, but it kind of snuck up on them (oh my, that's an Aston Martin). With the new car in orange I thought people's heads were going to snap off their necks!

Quick Reply: British and Italian friends for my P-car