Sponsored by:

Porsche wannabes

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky

Thanks for bringing the thread back in line.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:44 AM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO!!!!

This actually happened to me last week.

Driving home and a new red Civic Si, with a loud exhaust came screaming up behind me, then slowed down and moved behind me and paced me for a while, then downshifted and accelerated past again.

At the next light, I found myself next to him with a clear road ahead, and a sweeping turn with another straight away after that one - perfect. I took off gently, but stayed ahead of him a little bit, then he gunned it and went past me. I followed suit and charged after him, moving easily past him by the top of 2nd gear, and hit 3rd and kept my foot on it as we entered the turn. I didn't let off and kept accelerating as we both went into the turn and he was trying to hang in there behind me. By time I got out of the turn, I was nearing the top of 3rd, and hit 4th and he was several bus-lengths behind me.

It feels good sometimes to smack people around.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:45 AM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:57 AM
porsche-t
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I've learned that when in this kind of situation, I just let the person go by. Unfortunately, I 've had two people try this with me in different vehicles - one was a volkswagen that ended up flipping on the Pasadena Freeway trying to keep up with me and the other was a kid on a Kawasaki trying to follow me through Angeles Crest. He went wide and did a header with a Mercedes coming the other way .
Old 05-30-2008, 12:10 PM
pszikla
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've learned that when in this kind of situation, I just let the person go by. Unfortunately, I 've had two people try this with me in different vehicles - one was a volkswagen that ended up flipping on the Pasadena Freeway trying to keep up with me and the other was a kid on a Kawasaki trying to follow me through Angeles Crest. He went wide and did a header with a Mercedes coming the other way .
In the "Big Scheme" of things you're absolutely right and God knows how many "ricers" I ignore and the guys that pull up in their Mustangs and revs their engines.
But it was just the arrogant way the guy cut in front of me, slowed down and then kicked it that me feel that he needed a small demo.
I couldn"t see him telling his buddies at a bar on friday night that he "smoked" a Porsche!
Old 05-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pszikla
In the "Big Scheme" of things you're absolutely right and God knows how many "ricers" I ignore and the guys that pull up in their Mustangs and revs their engines.
But it was just the arrogant way the guy cut in front of me, slowed down and then kicked it that me feel that he needed a small demo.
I couldn"t see him telling his buddies at a bar on friday night that he "smoked" a Porsche!
You know he's going to tell them that regardless of the outcome.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:21 PM
kunkstyle
Racer

Could be worse. I had something similar happen when driving back home on the Number One. Except it was a Saturn. He had a problem with me pointing at the right lane when he was doing 95 kmh in the left. He 'gunned' it after I passed him, to a whopping 125. About half a kilometre later he slammed on the brakes and went back to his 95. I just kept on driving with the cruise on...

Some people.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:20 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Yeah, a guy cut me off by turning from the left (I'm turning right) in front of me as I entered a very windy road. I guess his goal was to show me how it's done. In a 45 mph turn(@7/10ths for me), he shows no mercy by flying into it at 60 mph. I thought to myself "wow, I guess he knows this turn better than I since I've only live here for 3 months". But as I thought, he went in too hot and slid directly into the opposing lane. I mean so much so I could have just drove right passed him in the correct lane but all I could think about is what would have happened if another car was coming the other direction. Thing is he was driving at the pace I normaly drive when commuting to work. Now I just hang way back when folks are in front of me because as I cruise along folks behind or in front of me can end up in the trees..

Originally Posted by porsche-t
Old 05-30-2008, 03:41 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

My lowly porker 4S was being hassled one time on the fwy by a supercharged C6. The guy was on my *** inches away from simply hitting me. He then proceeded to go beside me and gave me the signal implying that he wanted to race. I just shook my head and ignored him.

Take it to the track... though the guy probably couldn't afford the track entry fee.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:12 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

^the sc C6 will smoke us in a straight line np, even without the sc.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:30 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Originally Posted by jumper5836
^the sc C6 will smoke us in a straight line np, even without the sc.
No questioning that... just the fact that people want to race on public roads to boost their ego and their shortcomings is ... annoying, for a lack of a better word.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:45 AM
dresler
Burning Brakes

I think robin is Ben in disguise!
Old 05-31-2008, 03:26 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by dresler
I think robin is Ben in disguise!
He always did have a hard-on for 360 Modenas!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:05 AM
estsn.com
Advanced

HaHa!
You're right Phil !
It was a flat screen that I brought home for the bedroom and my wife thought that it was hilarious that I was impatient enough not to have it delivered and rather to turn the car into a "delivery wagon"
Had some real funny looks on the way home that day..almost 20 miles from store!!
Pete
I was too impatient to wait for delivery last year, but I it ended up that I had to bring my flatscreen home in the back of my friend's MX3 because there was absolutely nowhere it would fit in my Audi TT. Even in the hatchback MX3 the box stuck out about 2 feet past his back bumper. Heh.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:14 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

HaHa!
You're right Phil !
It was a flat screen that I brought home for the bedroom and my wife thought that it was hilarious that I was impatient enough not to have it delivered and rather to turn the car into a "delivery wagon"
Had some real funny looks on the way home that day..almost 20 miles from store!!
Pete
Your avatar keeps on giving me strange nightmares.

Quick Reply: Porsche wannabes