Sponsored by:

vanity plates

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:53 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
Yeah a friend of mine in NY is possibly going to jail because of his vanity plates.
I watched the video.

EDIT: I have retracted the rest of my initial statement. I stand by it, but I'm not trying to **** you off...

Let's just say that I don't think the vanity plates are the reason your buddy is in such a horrible predicament. I'm going to go hug my kid.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:01 AM
gregorycarl
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by galeriehughie

I'm a huge art fan, so my plate expresses that: MODART. We've got a porsche owner in town, a 964 I think, that has an awesome plate : HUBRIS. lol
It's guys that have plates like HUBRIS that give people one more rock to throw at porsche owners.

We have in our area (an older guy, lets say 60+) who wears gold chains on his neck and wrists and drives a viper with vanity plates that say RU HOT and he trolls all the local bars/pick-up joints. He'll pull up next to you and rev the engine and burn rubber away from the light like a 16 year old kid. My wife and I laugh every time we see him.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I love vanity plates. Especially ones that are on the cryptic side. My current plate is N2B8 U. Past plate: IXLR8. Was behind this one the other day: NTNYLYN. My favorite vanity plate for a P-car is ENZOWHO.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:40 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
My favorite vanity plate for a P-car is ENZOWHO.
I've seen a turbo in Boulder with that plate. My friend has MIDLIFE on his NSX. It seems every other car in CA has a vanity plate...it is fun to try and decipher them. I know a site favorite in the past has been GOTMILF (I think they even had it backwards FLIMTOG)
Old 05-29-2008, 12:38 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't see your comment but like I said there's his story and what the media said happened. The media has said he confessed to racing which of course is far from being correct. The truth of the matter is he should have never stopped or never should have left the scene once he stopped, that, I believe, will be the extent of his charges once it's all said and done.

Those crazy tags promote speed by those behind you sort of like the big grapefruit shooter exhausts on imports. When folks see large exhausts and "speed racer" plates they want to do fly by's when you're just minding your own business to get a race started. My point is to try not to get tags that **** people off in jealousy and/or that state you're fast. As far as my friend goes, I beleive if his tag read "1cleanlex" the Evo or Sti wouldn't have done the flyby and cut my friend off.

Originally Posted by tooloud10
I watched the video.

EDIT: I have retracted the rest of my initial statement. I stand by it, but I'm not trying to **** you off...

Let's just say that I don't think the vanity plates are the reason your buddy is in such a horrible predicament. I'm going to go hug my kid.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:21 PM
gregorycarl
Racer

The truth of the matter is he should have never stopped or never should have left the scene once he stopped, that, I believe, will be the extent of his charges once it's all said and done.
ahhhh...I hope that everyone on this board would stop if they see a car wrap itself around a tree right in front of you, no matter what the guy did to you.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

All I ask if people would say what the plate means. I can't sit here too long at work and try to figure out what DSDAVDFVA means.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:53 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you guys stop, don't leave. I've stopped for several people a few times, a couple of the folks were ok so I left. I definitely wont do that in this car since they both could blame it on me and have my face on the TV looking like an "evil accident causer".

Originally Posted by gregorycarl
ahhhh...I hope that everyone on this board would stop if they see a car wrap itself around a tree right in front of you, no matter what the guy did to you.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:18 PM
gregorycarl
Racer

If you guys stop, don't leave. I've stopped for several people a few times, a couple of the folks were ok so I left. I definitely wont do that in this car since they both could blame it on me and have my face on the TV looking like an "evil accident causer".
Huh?
Old 05-29-2008, 06:12 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I just got mine 2 days ago.

I'm a ski patroller and have the logo on my Audi's plate also. I know lots of police who are ski patrollers and the police show up at the mountain a lot, so I figure it can't hurt having it.

But this was the first time that I've gotten a personalized plate.

As you can tell, I'm mogul skier.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tippy
All I ask if people would say what the plate means. I can't sit here too long at work and try to figure out what DSDAVDFVA means.
Sorry Cory,
I enjoy decoding these and I shouldn't have assumed that everyone else enjoyed it too. So, here's the answer key with my sincere apologies:

N2B8 U- "intubate you" I'm an anesthesiologist so I do this for a living.
IXLR8- "I accelerate" Saw that on a picture of a Lotus in Road & Track when I was a kid and I thought it was cool.(Pulled over for speeding TWICE in Mass. with this plate on my '75 Vette and was let off with a warning BOTH times! Yeah, I'm a lucky SOB)
NTNYLYN- "Nittany Lion" A clever Penn State fan.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:57 PM
rleeq
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to say I have a personalized plate rather than a vanity plate. Vanity is one of the 7 deadly sins, if you believe in that sort of thing.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:15 AM
burkepat
Track Day

Default AHVTRZN

once in a blue moon someone will get it. Most think its something to do with advertising.

hint...its German
Old 05-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2008, 09:24 AM
rleeq
Racer

Originally Posted by burkepat
once in a blue moon someone will get it. Most think its something to do with advertising.

hint...its German
Hi, I met you during a DE at No Problem Raceway last year and it just so happens the Mardi Gras region is having a one day DE this Sunday that I plan on attending. I hope to see you there.
Have a great day.

Lee

Quick Reply: vanity plates