Sponsored by:

Need help w/ manual operation of soft-top

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Need help w/ manual operation of soft-top

My dad's 2002 996 C2 has a soft-top jam-up and cannot close at this time. But th etop is fully closed right now, so he can still drive it around. Is there a manual way to close the sift-top? Can someone help me with the procedure? Thanks in advanced for any feedback or help... Tried a search but did not find anything on this topic, mostly latch issues, or leak... Appreciate any help guys.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:03 PM
belcarrera
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Botsy, mine did something similar a couple of days ago where it would close but would not latch. I opened it and pushed the button where it latches within 10 seconds. I read somewhere that that would reset it back to factory. Well it worked for me. Your pops may have a different situation but it may help. Good luck. Loren at renntech may also have an answer for you. He is around here as well.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:16 PM
insite
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it's in the owner's manual
Old 05-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys, I am not sure if he has a user manual or not...he got the car used but tha's great info, will check with him tonight. Thanks again...
Old 05-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

To update everyone on this issue... Thanks "insite" for the tip on RennTech as I was able to print out few pages of the online User-Manual for the manual operation of the soft-top (p143-149). We were able to close the top manually, but the problem is related to the right inner-liner that came off from the frame and jam-up on the flap maybe on its way up for closing. He will need to tight down the inner liner and keep it away from its surrounding. Thanks...
Old 05-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

Sorry belcarrera, actually you were the one telling me about Renntech, thanks Man, for the tip... Both of you help me a great deal. Thanks again.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:18 PM
belcarrera
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Botsy67
Sorry belcarrera, actually you were the one telling me about Renntech, thanks Man, for the tip... Both of you help me a great deal. Thanks again.
No worries my friend! Happy to help. I'm going to take a look at the liner on my top just to prevent any problems in the future. By the way, my car looks just like yours! I should be getting the MKI bumper and side skirts on shortly as well. Your car was one of the ones that pushed me towards getting the Aero put on.

Quick Reply: Need help w/ manual operation of soft-top