996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

CD Changer won't read discs

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:56 PM
estsn.com
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are adaptors that will connect an iPod to the CD changer inputs... not sure where to find one for a Porsche, but I looked at a few for my Audi TT last year.

-
Old 05-29-2008, 08:23 AM
grantq
Advanced

i know there are $500 adapters that will let your head unit treat your ipod as a cd changer, the issues i have are:

1) i don't have an ipod
2) if i were to spend $500 i'd get a whole new fancy head unit not just an adapter

Whereas a $5 cable is perfectly worthwhile IF the headunit will play from the CD input without a cd changer actually being attached.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:53 AM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, for your 99 you only need the $12 cable from Becker, then switch your head unit to AUX. Renntech has a ton of DIY posts for that. That cable just gives you a 3.5mm input to use with anything that has a headphone jack. If you go to discountcarstereo.com, you will see dozens of options & prices for cables. Most any adapter that fits a Blaupunkt, will work with the Becker.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:55 PM
StuartFirm
Instructor

Originally Posted by grantq
i know there are $500 adapters that will let your head unit treat your ipod as a cd changer, the issues i have are:

1) i don't have an ipod
2) if i were to spend $500 i'd get a whole new fancy head unit not just an adapter

Whereas a $5 cable is perfectly worthwhile IF the headunit will play from the CD input without a cd changer actually being attached.
I just saw this thread. If you are still having problems, I'm tearing my car apart for a full time race car conversion. The stereo and CD changer don't make the car go any faster, so they will soon be removed. I have a thread started over on the For Sale Forum here's the link. https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale-ads-member-to-member-fs-wtb-free/432604-fs-my99-996-c2-parts-parting-out-for-race-conversion.html

Please PM me with any interest. I forgot what my pricing was on the parts you might need, and it seems you know your part numbers well, and I don't have my part numbers yet, but perhaps I have something that will get your tunes blaring again.

Jason A. Stuart

Quick Reply: CD Changer won't read discs