996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Goodbye fella's!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey hey hey... tail and bruce y'all are both cool in my book ... at ease at ease.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:48 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Dude got personal in his very first reply to my post. No engagement, no friendly debate, no ramp-up. Zero-to-unpleasant in nothing flat. Nothing I said warranted that, especially from a >400 post member who can't spell and is leaving the forum, giving us all a morality lecture on the way out. I mean, really.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

i know i know bruce, but seriously, the dude is chill, you are chill... both of you got firepower, that's why i like you both though tail has shown his disdain for me at times, but that's nothing new.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:13 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Totally agree with every word Bruce said.

Most of us are excentric regarding our Porsches. That is understandable, just as someone is the same way who ownes a BMW, Ferrari or Lamb. That deosn't mean we can't respect and LOVE other cars and even be totally passionate about them. But our personal rides are like OUR children and are our pride 'n joy. We can love other children, but ours are OUR property and we love them most!!

As someone said, this is the ONE place where we can for SURE come to be excited about OUR Porsche!!!! I'd never change that!
Old 04-30-2008, 03:26 AM
estsn.com
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
Sorry...it is actually heading to Montreal, Quebec...
If it gets here before mine I'm going to be pissed.

-
Old 04-30-2008, 05:21 AM
TAILWAG
Racer

Originally Posted by estsn.com
If it gets here before mine I'm going to be pissed.

-
When are you getting yours and what did you get? I guess there are lots of cars heading up north - our poor US dollar keeps depreciating and last time I checked, the Canadian dollar was actually worth more than ours - I can't remember that EVER been the case - but yesterday it was actually 1.01 vs. 1.00....crazy!
Old 04-30-2008, 05:28 AM
TAILWAG
Racer

Originally Posted by BruceP
Dude got personal in his very first reply to my post. No engagement, no friendly debate, no ramp-up. Zero-to-unpleasant in nothing flat. Nothing I said warranted that, especially from a >400 post member who can't spell and is leaving the forum, giving us all a morality lecture on the way out. I mean, really.
There is a big difference between what was written and what you claim it to be. What YOU consider a personal lecture was clearly not supposed to be one. If you have to resort to attacking my grammar and the number of posts I have contributed to the forum...well, so be it. Now you are saying that the post was aimed at ALL...but it seems you are the only one that took it to heart and personal. Really.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 AM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
What YOU consider a personal lecture was clearly not supposed to be one.
I didn't think it was a personal lecture at all. It was a lecture to everyone in the room. Presumptuous. This is why I cite the post count, not normally something I care about. If you were a paying member with lots of relationships here and a long history of contributing, you might have some license to give us all what-for on your way out. But you don't. Presumptuous. Just got up my nose.

I hope you enjoy your new car, and I'm sure you'd be welcomed back if you ever found yourself in a Porsche again.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:31 AM
TAILWAG
Racer

Fair enough - we are all entitled to our opinions. Thanks for the good wishes.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Totally agree with every word Bruce said.

Most of us are excentric regarding our Porsches. That is understandable, just as someone is the same way who ownes a BMW, Ferrari or Lamb. That deosn't mean we can't respect and LOVE other cars and even be totally passionate about them. But our personal rides are like OUR children and are our pride 'n joy. We can love other children, but ours are OUR property and we love them most!!

As someone said, this is the ONE place where we can for SURE come to be excited about OUR Porsche!!!! I'd never change that!
Silly post. You can root for your hometown team, but still appreciate the game.

Quick Reply: Goodbye fella's!