Sponsored by:

Parking lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 AM
clifforza
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Parking lights

I have to replace the parking light bulbs on my '02 C4S. According to the owners manual, it looks like a fairly straight forward job. (Famous last words, right?) Any potential pit-falls I need to watch out for? Thanks. Cliff
Old 04-28-2008, 12:57 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did this a few weeks ago. Very simple job. Just follow the instructions on the manual. Make sure when you place the headlight housing back into the body of the car, that the allen screw is the proper position. You'll know what I'm talking about when you do the job. Also, make sure you have a flat area to place the headlight on. When it came time to take the cover off of the light where the parking light goes, I ended up needing needle nose pliers to twist the cap off, it was pretty tight.

Have fun!

J
Old 04-28-2008, 09:16 PM
SC996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What he said. It is pretty straight foward. You'll need to have the bar in the right place so when you turn the headlight tool it will catch the light and lock it into position.

Be prepared for a loud pop when the light locks back in place! I thought I broke something. I've had mine out several times and each time it un-nerves me when it happens.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
clifforza
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. Especially the warning about the "pop". Visions of dollar bills flying out the window.

Quick Reply: Parking lights