996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

99-00 996 VS 2004 S2000

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:53 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, if you continue to look at 996's, mine is for sale....see sig.....
Old 04-23-2008, 03:55 PM
lfe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
I really think this forum is sinking. Not sure whats up with you fellas and I don't know what all all the attitude is for, .
FLAME SUIT ON

Gant
Although I am not a frequent poster (only post when I have something worthwhile to say) who even after being talked to by the moderators, has not cleaned up his tone. Last time I posted, he told me that my stock ride height car looked like an off roader, or something like that.
It seems that anyone who doesnt agree with him is an idiot, and bullied into submision until they either agree, or shut up. Although he obviously has zero engineering or tech savy (uses a mechanic to do everything), he has opinions on every technical question which is asked.
If I was inclined to make his kind of statements, I might recomend that he sees a shrink, cause this anti-social, anti-anyone who disagrees behavior is going to get him hurt sometime in the future.
Interesting, if you look through back posts, you will find that when one of his "friends" disagrees, somehow that post gets ignored.

FLAME SUIT OFF

Moderators: You may spank me for this if you like, but I suggest you try again to change this behavior before this forum dies
Old 04-23-2008, 04:07 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Larry,

Try to make the Spring run. Its just north of 84 off the Housatonic Pkwy to Albany this weekend.

As for your comments:
Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
lfe
Instructor

Chsu74
Thx for the invite, cannot make it, family stuff going on.

And thanks for the popcorn, I prefer Orvill Redinbockers Kettle Corn, slightly sweet, slightliy salty.

But, I can no longer take the BS that is occuring on this board. I do believe it causes people to not want to post. When a statement like "Cool Honda" is analyazed, and degraded, it is hard to know what can be said without being ATTACKED.

BTW the sky is blue. I hope no one finds that offensive.

Larry
Old 04-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lfe
Chsu74
Thx for the invite, cannot make it, family stuff going on.

And thanks for the popcorn, I prefer Orvill Redinbockers Kettle Corn, slightly sweet, slightliy salty.

But, I can no longer take the BS that is occuring on this board. I do believe it causes people to not want to post. When a statement like "Cool Honda" is analyazed, and degraded, it is hard to know what can be said without being ATTACKED.

BTW the sky is blue. I hope no one finds that offensive.

Larry
Moderators should also consider reading this thread line by line and get an accurate assessment of exactly where I or anyone else has degraded or attacked arrogant or anyone else.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:21 PM
lfe
Instructor

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
He's kinda weird like that - you just gotta accept him for who he is on here. He seems to think because he drives a $60K 2001 Turbo (supercar he says) somehow he's in a diff club. Pls. WHAHAHA
Seems rather judgemental and degrading to me
Old 04-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by lfe
Seems rather judgemental and degrading to me
Arrogant and I have history and context. I've never taken his comments personally and found any of it degrading. It's just our style and it's clear in the posts here that we're cool with each other until you decided to pick at it and overanalyze it.

Heck, I wasn't even the one who took offense to his cool Honda post, but it's clear you have some sort of deep seeded issue with me and have blurted it out here.

Discuss with the moderators all you wish. It's clear I have changed my tone and my attitude and will continue to be who I am.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:33 PM
DanJK
Racer

Ben, you asked, lfe showed you.

Think before you type next time and you won't end up looking foolish.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by DanJK
Ben, you asked, lfe showed you.

Think before you type next time and you won't end up looking foolish.
What are you talking about, Dan?

If you guys really have a problem with me and if y'all feel that I take this forum down, then do something about it. I'm fine with whatever decisions the mods make. I certainly do not want to be a part of a forum where I can't be myself and where people just don't see eye-to-eye with the truth that I share. For example, I will not change from calling lfe's car or any other 911 that looks like it's sittin' higher than normal like a 4x4 truck.

Seriously. Do something about it.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:37 PM
lfe
Instructor

Ben
I do not have personal problem with you. And I will not continue this discussion.
I am just suggesting that you are involved in nearly every flame war that occurs on this board. In fact you start most of them.
This board (as Gant has pointed out) has gotten very un-civil. This might be your style, thats OK. But it is a good idea when you belong to a community to adopt the style of the community.
Lets face it this is an elite croud. Anyone who can afford one of these beasts obviously is makeing a good living, and has good taste. But nobody here likes to be bashed. And especially told they have bad taste. Do you walk into someones living room and tell them that thier furniture looks like crap ????? then why do it here.

Peace
Old 04-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by lfe
Ben
I do not have personal problem with you. And I will not continue this discussion.
I am just suggesting that you are involved in nearly every flame war that occurs on this board. In fact you start most of them.
This board (as Gant has pointed out) has gotten very un-civil. This might be your style, thats OK. But it is a good idea when you belong to a community to adopt the style of the community.
Lets face it this is an elite croud. Anyone who can afford one of these beasts obviously is makeing a good living, and has good taste. But nobody here likes to be bashed. And especially told they have bad taste. Do you walk into someones living room and tell them that thier furniture looks like crap ????? then why do it here.

Peace
I agree with you. We are very lucky to be here in this forum to share our stories and thoughts about an automobile that's very impractical, high maintenance, and costly.

I don't agree with you that this is like walking into someone's living room and calling it crap. I haven't been in any of your living rooms because none of you have invited me to your home. Your private residence.

This is a public domain to which I am a member. People voluntarily post up pics of their mods and if it's great, I'll tell them hey that's great. If it looks weird or is a decision that I feel is off target, then I will share as enthusiastically as I would cheer them on.

But, again, if the majority want me out, then I'm out. I have no problems leaving a place where I am not wanted by the majority. It won't be easy as I love this place, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:57 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lfe
Ben

Peace
Just two general comments around this, without prejudice to anybody's interests in particular:

The fact is, 996s are no longer the province of rich, middle-aged white men. I think you're going to see a lot of diversity of personalities and tastes on this board in the next couple of years. It always happens on boards like this as the car concerned ages. Expect more mod talk, more outlandish personalizing, more focus on what's the best value rather than what's best, more sensitivity to maintenance costs, and so on. Better to enjoy it or at least be at peace with it, or buy something newer.

Secondly, civility comes in lots of forms. If we're going to start castigating people for being uncivil, the list would include plenty of seasoned board members, too. If we're all going to hold hands and agree to be more respectful of each other, let's include the people who get apoplectically vicious about oil viscosities, too. Let's include the people who reach for irrelevancies like nationality or race or age to discredit a poster. Let's include the people who try to gang up on someone when they can't hold their own rhetorically.

Civility and conformity don't mean the same thing. Neither do being respectful and being polite. I'm all up for more respectfulness and more civility, but not remotely for more uni-think and politeness.

My .02.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceP
The fact is, 996s are no longer the province of rich, middle-aged white men.
I was living proof.........
Old 04-23-2008, 05:03 PM
lfe
Instructor

Well said Bruce.

My language might not have acuratly stated my observations. But as my spelling probably indicates, I am an engineer.

Thanks for the word smithing
Larry
Old 04-23-2008, 05:14 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lfe
Well said Bruce.

My language might not have acuratly stated my observations. But as my spelling probably indicates, I am an engineer.
Thanks for the word smithing
Larry
Actually, in post #70 you misspelled making, and in this post you misspelled accurately.....

Quick Reply: 99-00 996 VS 2004 S2000