Sponsored by:

Car Transport

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 05:39 PM
estsn.com
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Transport

I need to transport a 996 across the country from Texas to Upstate New York (depot to depot). I've gotten an estimate of $1500 from DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers - the eBay shippers) to get the car there in 8 days.

What car transport companies can you guys recommend?

This'll be the first time I've ever had a car transported.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:45 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't use Pyramid Transport of NY - terrible

Make sure you have paid for fully covered transport, worth the $$$
Old 04-14-2008, 05:47 PM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by estsn.com
I need to transport a 996 across the country from Texas to Upstate New York (depot to depot). I've gotten an estimate of $1500 from DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers - the eBay shippers) to get the car there in 8 days.

What car transport companies can you guys recommend?

This'll be the first time I've ever had a car transported.
DeMoise Trk-ing did a great job for me a couple of years ago.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:39 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

I've had 2 cars shipped from PA to CO (996 and S8) and they ranged in price from $800 in 2005 for the S8 to $1,200 for the 996 last year. $1,500 might be reasonable given the distance and current fuel prices. No issues w/ either carrier for me. I don't recall the shipper- the sellers made arrangements on both occasions. Good luck w/ the transport.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

I used DAS to have my 996 shipped from Sacramento CA to it's new owner in Atlanta GA. I was very impressed with them and would highly recommend them. I would also recommend spending the extra few dollars for enclosed transport.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:46 PM
chily2008
Instructor

I have used DAS. They told me that it would take 14 days to get from San Diego to Columbus, Ohio. I was shocked when 3 days after the car was picked, I got a call saying that my car had arrived.

I was very pleased. They did a fantastic job.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:54 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Demoise Trucking, Bill and his brother Larry are the best value I could find, more expensive than DAS yes, but you're getting horseless carriage level of service and they know how to handle porsches, transport for PCNA. Impeccable service for me when I just shipped my car back east.

The biggest things to me are how the cars are strapped down, and whether your shipper underpromises and overdelivers or vice versa. Many shippers will tell you they strap down through the wheels or even on the "Axles" which really means suspension members. One will mar your wheels beyond belief and the other can simply destroy a 911s handling permanently. Demoise and other shippers who specialize in sports cars will strap around the tire's circumference, which is the safest way by far.

On top of that, DeMoise is a real family outfit, has real integrity. There is a lot of value in the premium you pay, and considering the prices charged by shippers offering similar levels of service they are comparatively inexpensive. Insured, enclosed, safe. If this is your car, give them a call, can't recommend them enough.

And tell Bill and Larry that Hans says Hi.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:26 PM
viprklr
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Try Intercity Lines. I used them to ship my Carrera 4S from Toledo Ohio to San Fran. They are emtremely dependable and very careful with the car.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:41 PM
jboullie
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just took delivery of my 04 Turbo cab x50 which I had shipped from Santa Ana, CA to Avon, CT. I used EZ Movers 888-599-3033 which is out of NY and paid $950 for an open transport. No problems, no issues. If you call ask for Phil.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:23 PM
estsn.com
Advanced

Originally Posted by htny
Demoise Trucking, Bill and his brother Larry are the best value I could find, more expensive than DAS yes, but you're getting horseless carriage level of service and they know how to handle porsches, transport for PCNA. Impeccable service for me when I just shipped my car back east.

The biggest things to me are how the cars are strapped down, and whether your shipper underpromises and overdelivers or vice versa. Many shippers will tell you they strap down through the wheels or even on the "Axles" which really means suspension members. One will mar your wheels beyond belief and the other can simply destroy a 911s handling permanently. Demoise and other shippers who specialize in sports cars will strap around the tire's circumference, which is the safest way by far.

On top of that, DeMoise is a real family outfit, has real integrity. There is a lot of value in the premium you pay, and considering the prices charged by shippers offering similar levels of service they are comparatively inexpensive. Insured, enclosed, safe. If this is your car, give them a call, can't recommend them enough.

And tell Bill and Larry that Hans says Hi.

Not Hans from Ruf in Dallas by any chance?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:31 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've had 2 experiences with Intercity Lines. Both were excellent. They were reasonably priced, on time, and very professional.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:35 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by estsn.com
Not Hans from Ruf in Dallas by any chance?
haha no Hans from New York. I have managed to keep myself out of the car business against all odds, but I was just in Dallas two weeks ago!

Quick Reply: Car Transport