Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

I've finally got it - my own C4S!!!! (long and many pics) THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:26 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Eric...glad everything went well without any issues. I also remember how I felt when I first drove my car, and I kept being amazed at the fact that I actually owned it. I'm coming up on 10 months with this car, and I still get very excited about it. My normal range for still getting excited for a car is about 6 months....not even close with getting bored yet...heck, I may never get to that point. Drive the car as often as you can, and I'll help you pick out some snow wheels and tires for the gloomy months. No problems with this car trekking thru the snow...it's actually incredible.

BTW...is that the Kaufman house you were at??

J
Old 03-23-2008, 10:35 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Yup, that was the Kaufman house out there in PA.

I may pass on the snow tires. I've got my A6 with Dunlop Wintersport M3's on it for the winter and also have snow chains just in case. It's not that I don't trust the C4S in the snow, it's the other people. If I'm going to have a problem, I'd rather have someone hit my '99 A6 that has 147K miles.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by JBRipps
I'm coming up on 10 months with this car, and I still get very excited about it. My normal range for still getting excited for a car is about 6 months....not even close with getting bored yet...heck, I may never get to that point.
J
Are you serious?!?!? I've had my car several years now and still get a thrill every time I look at it or drive it. You're insane, or not driving it enough if the thrill has worn off after 6 months.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Pathetic, yes. That's why I'm gonna drive it this season. But, you're still jealous!
Do you play for FCB?
Old 03-24-2008, 01:07 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations! Your excitement and the description of your drive home from KY brought back a lot of memories from just last November for me. You have a beautiful Porsche. Enjoy!

Bob
Old 03-24-2008, 01:44 AM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats, I've only had mine a week, and still wonder how it got in my garage....still need to remove the butt ugly airbag stickers and do the remote antenna mod and get a SS kit & upgrade the speakers & so on and so forth....BTW, I don't suppose they gave you the cassette storage? Been trying to get one on ebay for awhile..always seem to lose it by $1..same with the cassette player!..
Old 03-24-2008, 09:39 AM
MikeZ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perryunva,
Email me I have a holder.

Mziegler@optonline.net
Old 03-24-2008, 11:18 AM
ls911
Pro

I know that feeling well. Glad you finally got your hands wrapped around it. Great pictures btw. Glad you took one of fallingwater, a masterpiece. Frank Lloyd Wright is by far my favorite architect
Old 03-24-2008, 12:16 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Are you serious?!?!? I've had my car several years now and still get a thrill every time I look at it or drive it. You're insane, or not driving it enough if the thrill has worn off after 6 months.
WELLARD....no, not even close to getting sick of my car....reread! My normal range is about 6 months, but this car is different.

Perry.....I also have a cassette holder that I tried to GIVE AWAY last year, but I didn't have any takers. PM if interested.

J
Old 03-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats!

Now get rid of those pumpkins.

Phil, 2580 miles? Good lord, I just turned 65,000 miles on my 04!

EDIT: My 16,000th post Drive, and post, drive and post.....
Old 03-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by JBRipps
WELLARD....no, not even close to getting sick of my car....reread! My normal range is about 6 months, but this car is different.

Perry.....I also have a cassette holder that I tried to GIVE AWAY last year, but I didn't have any takers. PM if interested.

J
Ahh, I see. I'm glad that I misunderstood.

Originally Posted by riad
Congrats!

Now get rid of those pumpkins.

Phil, 2580 miles? Good lord, I just turned 65,000 miles on my 04!

EDIT: My 16,000th post Drive, and post, drive and post.....

Congrats!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great lookin car! I'm a big FLW fan as well.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:33 PM
omnipresent
Racer

Eric, congrats! Sounds like a great drive - FWIW the 996 C4S is the only car I can find sexy in yellow - THE ONLY CAR! I'm just as giddy in my 2nd month with my C4S as I was the day I brought her home. You'll get some good cardio. in with the frequent hand washings sure to come!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:43 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I was out there yesterday morning cleaning her up from the trip.

I just can't wait to get home today to drive her (I'm forced to since I need to get an inspection for insurance today) - and I just checked the weather report and rain is no longer in the forecast for north of NYC this afternoon - it's now mostly sunny and 48.

Thanks for all the great comments.

I'm not 100% certain about the pumpkin-otomy on the lights. I've read a few comments that on a SY, they actually look nice. Does anyone happen to have any pics of a SY without the orange side markers?

I'm also still thinking about tinting the windows with a very minimal amount of tint. I'd like a level that you know it's tinted, but that you also can see the yellow belts and seat backs if you look in.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine's tinted at 20% and you def can't see my silver backed sport seats. yellow pops a lot more so i'm thinking you're safe with going 35%.

Quick Reply: I've finally got it - my own C4S!!!! (long and many pics) THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!