Sponsored by:

Attachment Management Thread - Older Ford GT Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 01:27 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Attachment Management Thread - Older Ford GT Pics

I finally figured out how to properly insert inline attachments. If this is OT, feel free to move it

There are 2 ways - 1 for inserting inline images from another post or thread, and 1 for making images you attach to a post appear inline. For the second way to work, the images MUST BELONG TO THAT PARTICULAR POST, i.e., you must be adding them to that post. The third way to attach images to the end of a post has been described by Tim in various threads. [A link to that is below]

================================================
The first way is to link directly to an attachment that appears in a different POST or THREAD. For exapmle this code
Code:
 [ img]https://rennlist.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=265263][/img]
will put an inline image of Attachment with ID 265263 in the thread. This is shown below. You can get the attachment id by right clicking on the image and hitting properties.

The second way uses Tim's bullet proof instructions for adding attachments (found HERE)

The quick summary is to use the manage attachment button at the bottom of the thread, which pops up a little box you can use to get your images. You are size limited!

Name:  image004.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  15.1 KB

Now instead of using the "manage attachments" button at the bottom, try using the paper clip at the top of the screen you are typing in (the Post New Thread Box). If you use the paper clip, it will be a little easier for the next part. Here is the paper clip:

Name:  image002.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  39.3 KB

So after I uploaded my 3 Ford GT pics, I used the paper clip to add one of the pics inline in the post. [You can manually insert the "Attach" code if you know the ID.]
Code:
[attach]PICID[/attach]
Basically, get to the point where you want to insert your image and click the paper clip again. You will get a pull down box of all the attachments that BELONG TO YOUR POST. Then you can insert those (and only those) anywhere in your post. If you want to use images in another post, or another thread, you have to use method 1 above.

PIC 1 USING THE PAPERCLIP
Name:  Dsc00655.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  16.7 KB

PIC 2 USING THE PAPERCLIP
Name:  Dsc00656.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  19.3 KB

The last pic will appear after I sign my "-td" and I think after my signature (well if I had one). Any images at the end will be enclosed in the "attached images" box, like the last image below.

-td

This is where the thread would normally end. I added this just to make the line a little brighter. Note the "attached images" box.

Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2008, 10:52 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by himself
I finally figured out how to properly insert inline attachments. If this is OT, feel free to move it ....

You are size limited![/SIZE]

Damn Tom, have you been talking with my wife? She says the same thing about me!

BTW - good post!
Old 03-22-2008, 02:17 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Damn Tom, have you been talking with my wife? She says the same thing about me!

BTW - good post!
wahahahahaha... good one Tim

Quick Reply: Attachment Management Thread - Older Ford GT Pics