OT: Honda NSX article by Gordon Murray

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Like the figures beyond the easily digestible hp/tq figures that Americans point to saying the NSX is way too meager in these power depts to be considered anything special which, imo, is completely myopic needling the all too common inner-moron.
Excellent.........I agree 100%......so many people just look at the HP/TQ numbers and form their whole opinion on a cars performance based on this. There is so much more to the NSX than the HP/TQ numbers.

That's why you'll never find me being utterly loyal to X car brand/model such as the 911. There are just too many other great achievements under the sun to huddle up around just one camp fire.
Agree with you on this too...........So many Porsche owners and yes NSX owners claim they are car enthusiats but only talk down about other cars even when faced with facts and articles written by people like Morgan..........Porsches are great cars.......NSX is a great car..........there are so many others.......

I think the NSX has plenty of soul whatever the fuq that means.
Yeah I agree with you, whatever that means............unless you have driven the car how can you say it doesnt have a soul?? I Can never understand the people who say, "well its a Honda so it has no soul"..........thats just ignorance or arrogance talking.

Originally Posted by Ray S
The NSX was a great car and a fantastic value when it was introduced. However, by the end of it's run in '05 the rest of the relevant automotive sports car world had caught up with and passed it's performance. Honda had done little to really increase it's performance (compaired to the relevant competition) and they had significantly increased it's price.

So in the end the car offered Porsche Boxster S levels of performance for significantly more money. Shame on Honda for not maintaining this car.
Yes a BIG shame on Honda for this.............

Anyways, back on topic... I'd love to try an NSX and see what the big deal is about. I haven't driven one ever. I think modified right, they still look insanely good and makes the 911 look like a VW bug.
drive it..........you will like it. And come on over to http://nsxprime.com some time if you like

Originally Posted by riad
To me the NSX now looks dated.

I wish they would come out with a new model.
Perhaps dated since the design hasn't changed much since the original in 91 but still a classic look............

Hopefully the next version coming out will be sweet.
It will be sweet but I think Audi has beaten Honda to the market............however the new NSX is nothing like the old one......not even an MR anymore.......

for your viewing pleasure

Last edited by Andial951; 03-07-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

andial, i like your brain man.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:22 PM
lanny
Racer

A friend just bought a super nice '99 nsx with 11k on it and I drove it and loved it. I dont know how anyone cant say its a great car!!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

andial, i like your brain man.
likewise..........

Here is an interesting thread I started a couple years back after I drove my buddy's NSX.........a Lister (d993) really started bad mouthing the car and then another Lister (BBailey) came in and owned him with facts and first hand experience (Post #34)........

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/287142-drove-an-nsx-tonight.html

Last edited by Andial951; 03-07-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial951
likewise..........

Here is an interesting thread I started a couple years back after I drove my buddy's NSX.........a Lister (d993) really started bad mouthing the car and then another Lister (BBailey) came in and owned him with facts and first hand experience (Post #34)........

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287142
Check out my GTR thread.

I was hoping rennlist would be a lil' diff, but it's not from the other car forums out there like m3forum, s2ki.com, etc. We all tend to huddle up around one brand (likely the one in the garage), but I tend to notice that those who have been there done that focus less on the brand and more on the actual value of the car. I hope to be one of those types of owners - Jay Leno is a real cool car guy in my book.

You will never, ever catch me wearing a Porsche hat or Ferrari jacket, whatever.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

BC, donning paraphernalias doesn't mean you're a close-minded zealot. If I saw you with a Porsche hat or Ferrari jacket, all that tells me is you're a fan and appreciate their products -- that and maybe you're a dork.

I'm a life-long Rockets fan and I show my support with some logo-gear, but that doesn't mean I don't respect the success and excellence of the other NBA teams. More importantly, I certainly bear no ill feelings about their cities.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My bro had an NSX for many years and loved it.

He finally replaced it w/this --

Old 03-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial951
for your viewing pleasure

You got to give Honda some credit. The car still looks good today.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Cody D
Instructor

I love this article, Gordon Murray is my hero. I've owned my NSX for 2 and a half years, it was my dream car for years before I bought it. Lately I've wanted more power out of it (since my buddy bought his Viper, haha), this is easily fixed with a LoveFab turbo kit that is supposed to be incredibly reliable.

I've also been thinking about selling my 964 and my NSX for a 996 TT though, so if anyone in the Calgary, Alberta area wants to drive an NSX and they have a 996 TT, maybe we can work something out.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Check out my GTR thread.

I was hoping rennlist would be a lil' diff, but it's not from the other car forums out there like m3forum, s2ki.com, etc. We all tend to huddle up around one brand (likely the one in the garage), but I tend to notice that those who have been there done that focus less on the brand and more on the actual value of the car. I hope to be one of those types of owners - Jay Leno is a real cool car guy in my book.

You will never, ever catch me wearing a Porsche hat or Ferrari jacket, whatever.
Interesting read..........lots of haters.............but I expected that...........

the beast from the East is here ready to eat your children (your 911s) alive.
I LOLD at that one.............
Old 03-07-2008, 06:16 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanted to point out that this is the 996 Forum on the Rennlist Forum website, not the Rennlist Forum. There are lots of individual forums on this website, primarily around the Porsche. So here on this forum, you are going to find the 996 owners primarily, and of course we are going to bash anything else put on this fourm that is not a 996 that we are told we should respect. So what do you expect to get when you place threads on here that should be located elsewhere (i.e. Off-Topic)

So you want to talk big about the NSX and the GT-R and get respect, go to there respective forums, you will love it there

As for me. I like the NSX a lot, it is a great design and has been for years. The GT-R, well I do hate the design of the car but the numbers are admirable!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Cody D
Instructor

^^^ So true.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:36 PM
wxseed
Instructor

have a look at the new NSX ...

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-image?...42473/nsx1.jpg
Old 03-07-2008, 08:48 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wxseed
Lets see what it will look like with mirrors on the side. It's amazing how someone can take a great design liek that and stick the wrong side mirrors on and screw it up so quickly. But I do like the design...very edgy
Old 03-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
I wanted to point out that this is the 996 Forum on the Rennlist Forum website, not the Rennlist Forum. There are lots of individual forums on this website, primarily around the Porsche. So here on this forum, you are going to find the 996 owners primarily, and of course we are going to bash anything else put on this fourm that is not a 996 that we are told we should respect. So what do you expect to get when you place threads on here that should be located elsewhere (i.e. Off-Topic)

So you want to talk big about the NSX and the GT-R and get respect, go to there respective forums, you will love it there

As for me. I like the NSX a lot, it is a great design and has been for years. The GT-R, well I do hate the design of the car but the numbers are admirable!
Spot on......

Quick Reply: OT: Honda NSX article by Gordon Murray