Sponsored by:

Looking for my next Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 PM
OH997
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for my next Porsche

I am currently in the market for a C4 cab. Though my preference would be a C4S, prices might lead me towards a 02 or 03 C4 cab instead. I really have not spent much time looking at Ebay options since I'm not sure I would be comfortable locking into a car I can't see, touch and drive before I make the commitment to buy. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bob
Old 03-05-2008, 10:08 PM
roger's 2937
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

There's a nice 2001 Cab. listed in the classifieds in Arizona. I've seen the car and it is very clean and just had a PPI.

Roger B.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:59 PM
nazhat
Instructor

try ecarlink.com
thats where I got mine.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Shane D
Pro

Question

Originally Posted by nazhat
try ecarlink.com
thats where I got mine.
How does that work? I have seem some pretty nice ads from them on Autotrader, but have no idea what they are about. Are they a consignor? A dealer?
Old 03-06-2008, 10:09 AM
nazhat
Instructor

All they do is sell cars, no warranties, no financing. They keep all their cars in an airport hanger in Addison, TX, north Dallas. They got a pretty cool setup. I saw the cars on ebay, called them, told him which ones I was interested in, drove out there, 20 minute ride, cars were already out front cleaned up, drove them all for several hours. Took a couple to my mechanic, made an offer, had my financing in place, later than night, drove away.

Its a couple of younger GQ guys, really cool. They had amazing cars, I took a tour of their hangers, OH MY GOD! They had F's, Ps, AM's, AMG benz's, bent's. Go to their link, I think they are pretty close to openning a dealership in the Park Cities area. It was an awesome experience. Cars don't last there, they ship worldwide.
Ended up buying the 02 Targa and I love it, my first Porsche! There were 3 guys from NY and LA looking at it as well so this tells you, there is not much bargain room, because they mark their cars low to sell.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Shane D
Pro

Thumbs up

All they do is sell cars, no warranties, no financing. They keep all their cars in an airport hanger in Addison, TX, north Dallas. They got a pretty cool setup. I saw the cars on ebay, called them, told him which ones I was interested in, drove out there, 20 minute ride, cars were already out front cleaned up, drove them all for several hours. Took a couple to my mechanic, made an offer, had my financing in place, later than night, drove away.

Its a couple of younger GQ guys, really cool. They had amazing cars, I took a tour of their hangers, OH MY GOD! They had F's, Ps, AM's, AMG benz's, bent's. Go to their link, I think they are pretty close to openning a dealership in the Park Cities area. It was an awesome experience. Cars don't last there, they ship worldwide.
Ended up buying the 02 Targa and I love it, my first Porsche! There were 3 guys from NY and LA looking at it as well so this tells you, there is not much bargain room, because they mark their cars low to sell.
Thanks for the explanation! They are great at presentation. The pics always look good. Are there many/any shops around that could do a PPI, and that are not affiliated with these guys?

Nice to hear of a good experience!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:47 PM
nazhat
Instructor

I used Eurosport Automotive in Plano, TX, about 15 minuted from ecarlink
Old 03-06-2008, 01:44 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not sure I would be comfortable locking into a car I can't see, touch and drive before I make the commitment to buy.
I just did it two days ago. But it was a CPO from a dealer, I had a PPI and a fellow Rennlister also checked it out. So even though I've never seen it, I'm very confident that everything has checked out.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Shane D
Pro

Question

I used Eurosport Automotive in Plano, TX, about 15 minuted from ecarlink
How did you know there weren't "buddies" with ecarlink? Or are they friends of yours'?
You would think that only being 15 minutes away they might know each other and have some kind of relationship. I know it sounds paranoid, but if I am dropping 40 to 50k, I am REALLY looking for peace of mind.
Or as much as you can get with a used car.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:05 AM
OH997
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The CPO route on ebay would handle some of my concerns. What about condition (finish, etc.)? Is there any recourse if the car is not as advertised?
Old 03-07-2008, 09:29 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OH997
I am currently in the market for a C4 cab. Though my preference would be a C4S, prices might lead me towards a 02 or 03 C4 cab instead. I really have not spent much time looking at Ebay options since I'm not sure I would be comfortable locking into a car I can't see, touch and drive before I make the commitment to buy. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bob
Since I see your user ID has 997, how do you like this car? The Side Badge is being removed and replaced with a Porsche official side badge. It is of course not a Cab but it is an awesome car I built myself one owner delivered June 2007
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Looking for my next Porsche