Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Another nail and a fun trip to the dealer....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 10:05 PM
rmillnj
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, I thought the Goodyear guy told us they had to charge extra to hook up the sensors. I assumed he was telling the truth. Or maybe the charge was just for the extra hassle of inner part of the run flat. I suppose one way to be sure would be to deflate a tire and see if the sensor goes off without moving the car. It would be nice to know you have a flat before you start moving the car.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:20 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rmillnj
Hmm, I thought the Goodyear guy told us they had to charge extra to hook up the sensors. I assumed he was telling the truth. Or maybe the charge was just for the extra hassle of inner part of the run flat. I suppose one way to be sure would be to deflate a tire and see if the sensor goes off without moving the car. It would be nice to know you have a flat before you start moving the car.
Maybe they changed the system - I had an 02 and an 03 MCS, and both had the system I described.

This meant that I could of course upgrade the alloys and still have the system functioning with the new wheels/tires!

However, if you took the car for SMOG, then the system would go off, assuming the rotation difference between the wheels on the dyno, and the wheels on the ground was the sign of a flat tire!

Just a quick press of the reset/re-calibrate button was all that was required to put things back to normal.

Quick Reply: Another nail and a fun trip to the dealer....