996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Interesting Story

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 PM
steve germany
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm living my childhood dreams right now! Germany is car Meca for US military overseas. Cheap(er) fuel, Weissach just down the road, rode in a Merc SLR, topped 170mph (legally), a C6 Vette wows the Germans, and my C4s wows me! Life is good!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:57 PM
russcan
Instructor

Originally Posted by agent325
The other day I go to the supermarket. I park my car at the edge of the parking lot so nobody can park next to me, except on the left side. I also parked as right, so if a car did park next to me, they would have plenty of space to open their door.

So I come out of the market, and see a mini van park next to me with three kids jumping out!. My first thought was "Oh Sh*t"

I get closer to open the door, and the little boy (couldn't be older than 8) who jumped out of the mini van stops and say. "Nice Porsche Mister". Instantly I flash back when 20 years and remembered when I was his age and would dream about the day that I would own a 911.

I sit in my car, turn the ignition on, and the Flat 6 comes to life with a mild bark from the exhuast. I look in the rear view mirror, The boy turn his head back to get one more peak at the car as him Mom held his hand insuring he didn't wonder off. As he turned his head, he smiled. The expression on his face read "I will own one someday".

Thought I would share the story. It made me realize when I was a kid, the only way I could drive one of these cars would be to work hard and go to school. All the years of schooling and 12 hour work days make it worth while!
Great story, I always wanted one too! Thats kid has good taste and also goes to show how 911's even older one's still impress easily. I get compliments on mine everywhere it goes. More than any other car I've owned. Oh yeah Agent, wait to you lower it. It looks even better.

Russ
Old 02-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Heck, my boy knew Porsches, Vettes, and Mustangs when he was 3.
By 4 he recognized a 350Z was a wannabe.
At 5 1/2 he told his Kindergarten class that his dad is a race car driver.
Now, still not 6yo, he goads his dad by saying a Ferrari is faster, ha!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Fat Sled
Advanced

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:13 AM
joes c4 cab
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Great story

Once in a while I let my daughter ride in front and when a car passes us she says, "come on daddy, catch up to him, come on. You can do it." and then when we pass him, or take a really fast on ramp, she says, "ahhh yeahhhhh, Porsche."
Old 02-20-2008, 01:13 AM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Great Porsche commercial kid visits a dealer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWPHKU1XZU

Quick Reply: Interesting Story