Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

OT: Porsche Center in San Antonio, TX, any experience?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default OT: Porsche Center in San Antonio, TX, any experience?

I'm looking at a car in their inventory, non-996. From reading their purchase requirements (only $50 doc fee, $500 dep in 3 days ect.) they sound very reasonable to deal with. Some dealers require $500 doc fee and up to $5k deposit FWIW. Porsche Center also says they will assist w/ independent PPI's which is encouraging, of course they may be the only game in town FAIK.

Has anyone done business with them or speak to their creditability? Is anyone available to eyeball the car to make sure there are no paint scratches ect? Any suggestions for PPI shops?

I've done a search and the only thing I can find is complaints about the parts dept (prices and knowledge).

Thanks

Last edited by Slow Guy; 02-10-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Jimbo3 from the 993 forum is going to have a look ta the car for me.
2 others also had good things to say about the dealership.
Thanks
Old 02-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have talked to many mechanics there and found them to be quite knowledgeable (of course they should be). The Service Managers would also give me recommendations when I would change parts out when I had the 996. I have always got a good vibe from the place and will continue to do business with them. Always professional with me and the part prices have sometimes rivaled Pelican.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:16 PM
porsche-t
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, these were the guys that did my wheel alignment and screwed it up the first time (didn't set it for ROW030 specs). After I told the service manager to look at the option code, he went back to the alignment machine to get the correct specs. They are to only dealer in town, but the sales staff is pretty cool.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:48 PM
911Beleza
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had a fantastic experience with them. Seem to be great guys, straight forward sales and no lo-balling on trade ins. Very very reasonable. Actually, more than reasonable as they made every effort to get me the deal I would be satisfied with and found me the best financing they could as well. I would have to say 4.75% on a 6 year old car is not too shabby. No experience with their service yet, but if it reflects what I've encountered up front it's gotta be tier one. Great guys and I look forward to meeting up with them outside of work. I know, it's a two year delayed response based on the thread, but thought it was worth mention.

Quick Reply: OT: Porsche Center in San Antonio, TX, any experience?