Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What wheels do you prefer on an Aerokit 1 996?
Turbo II Wheels (Left Pic)
42.37%
Enkei NT03+M Wheels (Right Pic)
25.42%
Turbo II's In Black
5.08%
Enkei NT03+M's In Black or another color
20.34%
Go Leafs Go
6.78%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Which Style Wheels Do You Prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i love how mesh looks rollin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7IgCnTtwfs

utter perfection these bbs lms on the mk1 gt3, this vid is the reason why i love the 996 mk1 aero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGyZcCfnYt0
Old 02-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
deadeye not sure if you know this but these enkeis are knock-offs of the original mugen design. mugen = pricey japanese race shop with mad great motorsport history (supplied engines in F1 back in the honda glory days).
didn't know that mugen had the style first.
hell i didn't even know mugen was still around, or if Spoon was still around either.

what do BBS wheels (new or used) cost roughly...3g's?
Old 02-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

depends on 18s or 19s. i know my E46 M3 BBS LM wheels in 19x10s cost me $3750 shipped.

you can get cheaper BBS wheels too... like the BBS CHs i 've rarely ever seen on a 911 and that may be because the fitment ain't right but when has that stopped any rennlisters?

But the LMs are the king in the BBS line-up. the new LM-Rs have new technology/design advancements but the centers don't look as classic as the LMs.

consider champion wheels, too. they have these really light quality one-piece versions with mesh centers. if i was a hairsplitter over weight, i'd get these. exlon i believe picke dup a set to which i hope he post some pics soon!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

depends on 18s or 19s. i know my E46 M3 BBS LM wheels in 19x10s cost me $3750 shipped.

you can get cheaper BBS wheels too... like the BBS CHs i 've rarely ever seen on a 911 and that may be because the fitment ain't right but when has that stopped any rennlisters?

But the LMs are the king in the BBS line-up. the new LM-Rs have new technology/design advancements but the centers don't look as classic as the LMs.

consider champion wheels, too. they have these really light quality one-piece versions with mesh centers. if i was a hairsplitter over weight, i'd get these. exlon i believe picke dup a set to which i hope he post some pics soon!

duly noted man. I knew BBS would be pricey, and just as i suspect, they're more than i want to spend on rims this time.

Do you ever get the impression that some of us change rims more often than women change shoes?
Old 02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Omar you know all thoese Carjacking thats been hapaning in the GTA lately... your making me Tempted...

PS: Turbo Twist II Silver
Old 02-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
duly noted man. I knew BBS would be pricey, and just as i suspect, they're more than i want to spend on rims this time.

Do you ever get the impression that some of us change rims more often than women change shoes?

i'm not proud to admit that i switch up rims so often that the tires they come with (usually PS2s) never have gone thru 1 tire set (rears typically right) replacement due to wear. with that said, i don't see myself swapping out my Work Brombachers as long as i own this current 911 of mine.

Last edited by Benjamin Choi; 02-06-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Um, 'stop, leafs, stop!'
Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Those Enkeis on the white GT3 are ugly IMO. What is with the "ring"?

No offense to anyone who has them.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

i'm not proud to admit that i switch up rims so often that the tires they come with (usually PS2s) never have gone thru 1 tire set (rears typically right) replacement due to wear. with that said, i don't see myself swapping out my Work Brombachers as long as i own this current 911 of mine.

haha true say man. I go thru about a set of rims/tires a year...it's pathetic

i made a call to my bodyshop today. i think big tings will happen with my car for this season...it's time to ditch arctic silver and go for a more aggressive/evil paint scheme

anymore mods comming for ur C4S? you put the new misha wing on it right?
Old 02-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

yezir. the car's at the shop right now with the wing getting painted. hope to get the car back by Friday.

the only extra i want is the techart sideskirt. car needs it to even everything out. and maybe even the rear bits that fit underneath the vents. but that's a good $4K so not sure i can justify that since it represents approx 10% of the car value. not sure i'm going to keep this car that long either.

other than that, it's pretty much maxed out mang and i'm ready for better weather here in the pacific nw.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Blackness
Pro

Me no likey that second ring on the Enkei's. For oem I prefer the sport designs or GT3 wheels. I'm with Ben on the BBS's for aftermarket.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:21 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

If performance is a factor the Einke is a far superior wheel becasue of the weight difference alone. The funny thing about them is I really could care less for the design of that wheel when I look at it on the internet but a few friends have them as track wheels for their cars and I always think they look pretty good on every car I've seen them on in person. Why it looks horrible on the internet and good in person is beyond me.

From a purey cosmetic standpoint I like the Turbo II's better though.

Andy
Old 02-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Audi, I agree. Those Enkeis do look better in motion. They're not a bad looking wheel and it makes sense - Mugen designed it just like BBS created the classic Y spoke.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:29 PM
RyanPerrella
Nordschleife Master

everybody and their mother has the turbo twist type style wheels, go for something different.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Stefan Richter
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Between those two, I prefer the turbo twists.

Stefan

Quick Reply: Which Style Wheels Do You Prefer?