I saw a Red C4S (or C4) in Dallas......

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 04:29 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Tim, I'm disappointed in you. You, above ALL others, know that THIS POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!
< Tim thinks to himself > DOH!!! This thread has turned into a nightmare!! I have set myself up to lose all of my credibility on Rennlist. It's a good thing I didn't have much of that to begin with, other wise, this would really hurt! The worst part of it all is that I opened the door to let Phil and Wayne give me a rash of ****!

Yeah Phil, I know.... I KNOW!!!! I deserved that! But I have no pics to offer, 'cuz my phone only makes phone calls, just like my camera only takes pics! I am so embarrassed!

It really sucks being on YOUR side of the fence! The only thing I can take solace in is that, unlike you, I don't reside there permanently!

Last edited by gota911; 02-02-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
It really sucks being on YOUR side of the fence! The only thing I can take solace in is that, unlike you, I don't reside there permanently!

Ouch! Brutal.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:38 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Ahh, a man after my own heart.... I just want to cell phone to do the a good job of making phone calls. Unfortunately, the cell phone manufacturers seem intent on cramming more junk into the phones that we don't need into these things.

My phone (a Sony Ericsson) has lots of cool features that I totally ignore. I only bought it because it was a quad band phone that I could use anywhere in the world.
My cell phone is 7 years old. When my daughter, and later my wife, "needed" (a.k.a. wanted) to upgrade their phones, I went with each of them. The guys in the cell phone place looked at my phone and once guy started laughing, because he had never seen one like mine because he had only been in the phone business for 5 years. They tried to talk me into upgrading it and told me I have $150 credit coming toward the upgrade. I said thanks but no thanks, because it still worked, has a speaker phone functionality, and has voice dial capability, which is all I need.

<Tim thinks to himself> Man, I hope I was successful in "high jacking" my own thread, so maybe everyone will forget about the original topic.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

My cell phone is 7 years old. When my daughter, and later my wife, "needed" (a.k.a. wanted) to upgrade their phones, I went with each of them. The guys in the cell phone place looked at my phone and once guy started laughing, because he had never seen one like mine because he had only been in the phone business for 5 years. They tried to talk me into upgrading it and told me I have $150 credit coming toward the upgrade. I said thanks but no thanks, because it still worked, has a speaker phone functionality, and has voice dial capability, which is all I need.

<Tim thinks to himself> Man, I hope I was successful in "high jacking" my own thread, so maybe everyone will forget about the original topic.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 02-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah Phil, I know.... I KNOW!!!! I deserved that! But I have no pics to offer, 'cuz my phone only makes phone calls, just like my camera only takes pics! I am so embarrassed!

Tim, it starts with a shi-ty cell phone, then you gradually stop driving the P-car, then you realize you're really starting to age, then ..... POOF!! You live where I do! PERMANENTLY
Old 02-02-2008, 10:52 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Tim, it starts with a shi-ty cell phone, then you gradually stop driving the P-car, then you realize you're really starting to age, then ..... POOF!! You live where I do! PERMANENTLY
Ok, let me see how I stack up with that criteria:

#1) ****ty cell phone - check
#2) gradually stop driving the P-car - check (no job, no place to go!)
#3) realize you're really starting to age - check ( I am only a year younger than you)
Oh, jeeze, that means POOF!! is next.

Phil, I guess I'm your new next door neighbor!

Old 02-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Phil, I guess I'm your new next door neighbor!

That settles it - I'm moving to North Carolina!
Old 02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

That settles it - I'm moving to North Carolina!
Phil, we are going to have so much fun! Every day after you leave for work, I'll come over and take your C4S for a drive in the country to let her stretch her legs a little. I figure she will have 15,000 miles on her before Super Bowl XLIII.

Oh, and make sure you chill some Coke for me, because sometimes I get a little thursty when I'm driving.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:53 AM
4-large
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"My cell phone is 7 years old"

"Pretty please (with SUGAR on it) will you post a #%^$*&@ pic? "

I thought cut and paste, u know faster... 7 years old what does that look like...is the battery attached

Jerry
Old 02-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 4-large
"My cell phone is 7 years old"

"Pretty please (with SUGAR on it) will you post a #%^$*&@ pic? "

I thought cut and paste, u know faster... 7 years old what does that look like...is the battery attached

Jerry
It's probably the size of a brick.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:45 AM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
It's probably the size of a brick.
Yeah, we want to see at least a picture of the cell phone!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Oh, and make sure you chill some Coke for me, because sometimes I get a little thursty when I'm driving.
Tim, I'll tell you what. If we're neighbors, I'll buy the coke and you bring the spoon. Then we'll both chill, and you can drive my car all you like.

And, about that cellphone of yours - when you take a pic, please make sure you include the large vinyl backpack and connecting wires it came with.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:50 AM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tim, I'm disappointed in you. You, above ALL others, know that THIS POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!

Great, Phil.........ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:58 AM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I was in Dallas earlier this week, I saw a Red C4S (or C4) in the parking lot at the corporate offices of a grocery company located at the corner of Beltran and Freeport Parkway. Does it belong to a Rennlister?

Since we're dumping on poor Tim (and having fun doing it!), isn't the real point this.....

why would he think we'd care about a red C4S (or C4) in Dallas?

(this is what I call jumping on!)

Last edited by VGM911; 02-03-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:12 AM
C4CRNA
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I see other Porsches all the time. Nothing to write home(Rennlist) about.

Quick Reply: I saw a Red C4S (or C4) in Dallas......