Sponsored by:

Aging gracefully, or why old Porsches look good

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:40 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by triode
Bravo. I can't take someone seriously when they can't even spell, or observe basic English usage which even my 9 year old understands. The decline & fall of the empire is in full swing...say hello to the lowest common denominator, even in the ranks of Porschephiles.
i gotta type to the level of comprehension of some on this very board.

and your tired argument has been stated many a times before all over blogs on the internet and it gets you absolutely no where. because : 1) it's not going to change my car forum writing style ; 2) it's not a doctoral thesis; 3) you fully understand what i'm saying yet trying to undercut the fundamental truths i'm trying to express because you have no good argument against.

ranks of porschephiles? what else you d!ck measuring now that your Webster idolatry is spent? LOL goodness gracious. r u like the 4 star porsche internet general now reigning over pretending to be carrera owners like me? LOL
Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
ranks of porschephiles? what else you d!ck measuring now that your Webster idolatry is spent? LOL goodness gracious. r u like the 4 star porsche internet general now reigning over pretending to be carrera owners like me? LOL
Wow. Man, you should relax a little bit. It's a valid point that it would help if you wrote a touch more grammatically correct. However, you also make a valid point that your opinions are nevertheless generally understood. But I have to admit, you do have a certain aggressiveness in responding to relative strangers that can be a little grating. A little tact would more effectively help you convince others of your thoughts.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:55 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by imdrew12
I leave the country for a week and this happens... Welcome Husker Bill. We would love to see pics of your car when available.

This picture above is classic Ben.

Note: He is more proud of that tatoo. The way his hands are tucked behind reminds me of the reason why some girls wear padded bras; its all bark no bite/false advertisement.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Huskerbill
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
I leave the country for a week and this happens... Welcome Husker Bill. We would love to see pics of your car when available.

This picture above is classic Ben.

Note: He is more proud of that tatoo. The way his hands are tucked behind reminds me of the reason why some girls wear padded bras; its all bark no bite/false advertisement.
Thanks man. Yeah, I will post a pic of it when I have a chance to clean it properly. The 400 mile trip from LA and the two days worth of driving it to work in the rain make for a car that is not worthy of pics. I will though.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:56 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
and your tired argument has been stated many a times before all over blogs on the internet and it gets you absolutely no where. because : 1) it's not going to change my car forum writing style ; 2) it's not a doctoral thesis; 3) you fully understand what i'm saying yet trying to undercut the fundamental truths i'm trying to express because you have no good argument against.

Ben, arguing with you is like boxing a quadriplegic.

In order of you assertions, 1) standards of spelling, grammar, usage, etc. - believe it or not - were in place long before your inimitable writing "style", and no one gives a rat's *** whether or not you change, since your shortcomings reflect only on you. 2) Doctoral thesis or not, one's everyday writing skills - in any endeavor - often say as much about the author as the words themselves; people give credence to those who can artfully & skillfully advance their position, no matter how casual the forum. It's the mark of someone who appreciates quality, no matter the particular activity at hand; you should read the Pirsig book alluded to previously by another poster, it's right on point. 3) You are assuming facts not in evidence, e.g. that you indeed expressed any "fundamental truths" - in this thread or any other. Was it a "fundamental truth", for example, when you called a member's wife a "transvestite" in a previous post?

And finally, as far as any "dick measuring" goes, you are the only one here who continually brings up this concept...an issue there, perhaps?

So long as you insult people online, they will respond in kind, or ignore your "contributions" - that is, of course, unless they're seeking a laugh or futher evidence of the decline of polite society, in which case they'll read the latest installment just for grins.

I am retiring from this thread. Peace.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea go play in your own sandbox. cool move.

again, y'all try to muddy up the main point that i am trying to make by again referring to my infamous avatar, dig at my grammar like you guys are English teachers, bring up padded bras... it's weak, but hey i ain't responsible for it. it's many of you that cannot handle truth. you take it personally and then try to bite back and it's pretty funny ****.

the herd mentality in this forum should be studied. LOL y'all pile on top of each other and enjoy it.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:10 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

When are y'all going to realize that Ben's main purpose here is to yank people's chains to see if they will say ouch. Ben is all about the "too cool for school" bling bling image.

He has an opinion on every topic but displays very little knowledge on any topic. Go back and read some of his posts and you will notice they are all about his "opinion" but contain very little, if any, concrete technical advice or facts. Just do what I do, scan his posts and skip over the BS. The only time I even respond to Ben anymore is if he is giving someone bad or incomplete information on a topic. Then, and only then, do I step up and refute what his is saying.

I disagree with a lot of what Ben writes, but I respect his right to post those opinions here. I just don't let him get under my skin. If you ignore the trolls, they will eventually go away.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Ben, arguing with you is like boxing a quadriplegic.

In order of you assertions, 1) standards of spelling, grammar, usage, etc. - believe it or not - were in place long before your inimitable writing "style", and no one gives a rat's *** whether or not you change, since your shortcomings reflect only on you. 2) Doctoral thesis or not, one's everyday writing skills - in any endeavor - often say as much about the author as the words themselves; people give credence to those who can artfully & skillfully advance their position, no matter how casual the forum. It's the mark of someone who appreciates quality, no matter the particular activity at hand; you should read the Pirsig book alluded to previously by another poster, it's right on point. 3) You are assuming facts not in evidence, e.g. that you indeed expressed any "fundamental truths" - in this thread or any other. Was it a "fundamental truth", for example, when you called a member's wife a "transvestite" in a previous post?

And finally, as far as any "dick measuring" goes, you are the only one here who continually brings up this concept...an issue there, perhaps?

So long as you insult people online, they will respond in kind, or ignore your "contributions" - that is, of course, unless they're seeking a laugh or futher evidence of the decline of polite society, in which case they'll read the latest installment just for grins.

Well said.

Porsches have appealed to me because of their legendary durability and endurance racing success. I don't know of any other mass produced marque that can be taken to the track and driven without modification. Ferraris sure can't.

The 911 design is timeless. Hell I like 928s, 944s, 968s ... all of them.

Ferraris are beautiful but no recent Ferrari approaches the beauty of a 60s 250SWB, 275GTS etc. although I do reallly like the 288 GTO. As for modern Ferraris I like the 550 and 575.

Just because somebody CAN afford a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti etc. doesn't mean they will buy one. I know of a number of people who can afford one who have other interests.

Porsche ... there is no substitute.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
If you ignore the trolls, they will eventually go back under the bridge from which they came.
Fixed it for you.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:22 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Fixed it for you.
Chris, I had to read "my" post twice to realize that I didn't write it that way! You got me on that one for a couple of seconds!

Quick Reply: Aging gracefully, or why old Porsches look good