996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Power seats to nonpower seat car.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Power seats to nonpower seat car.

So, I've taken off the C4S full leather, supple, power seats from the C4S to replace them with the GT3 seats.

Seems a shame to just have them packed in the garage. I have a 987S with standard seats. Anyone ever tried placing power seats into a nonpower seat car, Boxster or otherwise?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:44 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do not know wheather the non-power seat cars have the wiring necesary to make the connections. my bet would be that you will not be able to do the swap, but i may be wrong..
Old 01-19-2008, 08:09 AM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried to put full power 2001 TT seats in an 02C2 with manual seats. The pax side seat went in fine and was now power. The drivers seat had a large black box with all the guts for memory seat positions, etc and even with the help of the head tech of Reave's in Tampa I couldn't locate the correct leads to bypass all the stuff my C2 was not wired for. I was told by the board here to retro fit the memory controls etc, but that rapidly become too much for me. I had to stay with the manual on the driver's side.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Ugh. I was afraid of that. I know that the wires for accessories are put in during routine assembly of the car but not connected if you don't order the accessories. I was kinda hoping that the power seat wiring was one of them.

I do have the "black box" in the C4S. It's just sitting there with all the wires tied and taped up in the floor, with only the seat belt warning light wire hooked up. I wonder if I can just swap the C4S black box for the 987S black box. I might have to swap the door sills, with all the memory buttons, as well. It does seem quite challenging.

Does the non-power seat even have a black box under the driver's seat? I guess I can check my Boxster, but I thought I'd asked since I'm here typing. Maybe I can just take the C4S black box and door sill out, with all the associated wires, and just find the short hook-up for the seat belt wire. Save some weight .

Quick Reply: Power seats to nonpower seat car.