Sponsored by:

DPS Motorsports: ripped me on ebay transaction

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DPS Motorsports: ripped me on ebay transaction

Ok a deal sounds too good to be true, I guess they mostly are....

I bought the traffic-pro from them for a very good price, nuff said, BUT when I asked if I would have it by the end of the week on the previous Sunday, they say no problem I will have it by Thursday. They don't even send it until Friday and when I call to ask where it is on Friday, I get the old run around. Ok its ebay nuff said again.

But then I need the antenna, for the gps and they say its $95, well here's where I am a little pissed: they charge 33.41 for it on their damn website!

http://www.dps-motorsports.com/after...aspx?prod=8407

Why try to rip people off on accessories? If they wanted 60 more dollars for the radio then ask for it!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Have you contacted them to clear this up?

They're not the fastest in the world at getting product out the door, but usually they try hard to sort issues.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

No, I am waiting until I have unit in hand, before I call them. I am not sure they even mailed it on Friday (did not give tracking number) and I do not need further headaches. I am thinking I will tell them what I saw and they can either cough up the difference or I will send it back for refund and they can fight with credit card people if they do not honor it. I saw the antenna for $27 on another website. Really for me it's not the cash as much as I hate being ripped off. Like I said they could have easily asked for more cash if they wanted more, nobody forced them to sell them for 299. With the way they have been constantly dropping the prices they must really want to move these things.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

strange..they seem to have a good reputation selling the factory aerokits at reasonable prices.
keep me posted on the situation and let me know if they resolve it. I'm looking at buying an aerokit from them but will shop elsewhere if need be.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by roberga
just order the $33 one

Yes good idea, but I already paid the $95 "special" ebay price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW
Old 01-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

I would contact them now and have the price adjusted. If they refuse, then just send it right back and buy elsewhere.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:46 PM
wlee69
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've purchased many items and spend alot of money with Dayton at DPS Motorsports. The first comment on the speed of delivery doesn't surprise me....its not their forte to say it kindly!!! But what is Dayton is pretty good with is the pricing and is a stand up guy for screw ups.....I'd be surprised if you called up Dayton, he wouldn't give you a refund between the prices!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:55 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by wlee69
I've purchased many items and spend alot of money with Dayton at DPS Motorsports. The first comment on the speed of delivery doesn't surprise me....its not their forte to say it kindly!!! But what is Dayton is pretty good with is the pricing and is a stand up guy for screw ups.....I'd be surprised if you called up Dayton, he wouldn't give you a refund between the prices!!!
Agreed, and it sounds like the original poster is jumping the gun quite a bit--he's posting a complaint on the largest Porsche online forum and he hasn't even bothered to call to talk to them about the "problem"? I put "problem" in quotes because as of right now, I don't see a problem--he ordered a couple of parts, realized that he could have gotten one of them cheaper had he ordered it in a different manner, and now he's complaining. Pick up the darn phone or use the keyboard for something that might actually solve your problem before you start ragging on the company on a weekend.

That said, having done thousands of eBay transactions, I don't blame them for charging more for the antenna if purchased through eBay; show me a small business that doesn't have different pricing structures for different situations and I'll show you a liar.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

I just (2 days ago) bought a set of OEM MK1 sideskirts from them. The price was almost 1/2 of anywhere else. The sideskirts were $350 plus $99 for the hardware. I have not received them yet. So far, I'm pretty impressed. I searched on this site and they came highly recommended for the aero parts.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mfletch
I just (2 days ago) bought a set of OEM MK1 sideskirts from them. The price was almost 1/2 of anywhere else. The sideskirts were $350 plus $99 for the hardware. I have not received them yet. So far, I'm pretty impressed. I searched on this site and they came highly recommended for the aero parts.
Yeah, they were unbeatable when i bought my aero parts. The only downside was that I placed the order at the start of November and the actual painted parts arrived just before Christmas... there were some screw-up in delivering the right hardware and hairline cracks in one part of the painted bumper, but Dayton worked hard to make everything right.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:03 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfletch
$99 for hardware? What hardware? The dozen sheet metal screws that comes with them to begin with???

Why don't they just sell the damn things for $449!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 01-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LVDell
$99 for hardware? What hardware? The dozen sheet metal screws that comes with them to begin with???

Yeah, that was the price that I paid, so I'm guessing it's just another way to write $450. The kicker for me was not getting enough hardware on the sideskirts - took 2 attempts to get the write parts to me.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Yes dell exactly my point and to respond to other poster that i'm jumping the gun; if the guy was not rude to me when I called to ask about shipping then I wouldn't have posted in the first place. Also its a car forum not court...
Old 01-12-2008, 04:58 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Not sure if you're serious about it only being 12 screws, but I'll bet they charge that much for the same reason that Best Buy asks 10-15% of the price of a 42" LCD just for a cable to hook it up.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like a lame vendor to me what's with all the excuses some of u guys are making for them

Quick Reply: DPS Motorsports: ripped me on ebay transaction