Today's Outrageously overpriced 996 part

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:52 PM
UCrazyKid
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CSbox03s
Something to add . . . .

A couple of days ago I noticed my passenger side "parking light" died on my '03 986 with Litronics. I pulled the bulb out to find that the filament was in tacked and the bulb was not dead. So I popped the passenger side bulb into the driver side socket and the bulb still did not work. At this point I did not have my multimeter to check continuity of the bulb and it was late at night. I then put back the driver side bulb, and sure enough that one now didn't work. I then checked all fuses and no signs of a any being blown. At this point I was frustrated, reinstalled the headlight housing and called it a day.

A little while ago I got off the phone with my mechanic and they said it could be a faulty dashboard light switch (they had seen two of these cases within a week not too long ago) or a computer glitch. They suggested to continue driving the car with the headlights on, day or night, for a couple of days and see if the lights come back on. A buddy mentioned disconnecting the battery to reset the computer. Has anyone had this problem and/or tried any of the suggested fixes or have advise?

Thanks for your input!
Check the socket that the bulb fit in for a short. I had a turn signal go out, bulb was fine, turned out the socket that the bulb sits in had a weak connection that resulted in over heating and melting the metal/plastic of the socket. New socket =$15 good to do. Here is a post about another member with the same experience. He is where I learned about what my problem is.
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...st+turn+signal
Old 01-13-2008, 08:12 PM
CSbox03s
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Checked for continuity and looks like the bulbs are bad . . .

'03 Boxster S
'06 Mazda3
'70 Camaro Z28 / RS

Quick Reply: Today's Outrageously overpriced 996 part