996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

What's with the new PCA Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Although my posts have magically disappeared since yesterday, I was able to post this AM - accusing them of being misleading and potentially illegal. I'm sure that post will be gone by today as well (if the webmaster isn't too hungover).
Old 01-01-2008, 10:14 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

So their forum as they claim is NOT Porsche but rather People Cars and Activities yet their main page is Porsche's, their forums are Porsche model specific, and their classifieds are 1. Porsche and 2. Others

FYI...they have a link on their website to HELP keep it a free site by donating.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:48 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Wayne & Phil,

You guys are officially the "Bad Boyz of Rennlist!" Talk about ending an old year with a bang!

Wayne - I'm impressed that you got banned so quickly.

Phil - I can't say anything about you dragging a couple of guys into a "fake forum" because I have made a New Year's resolution to stop giving you a hard time. I don't want to break that resolution on the first day of the year! Tomorrow maybe, but not today!

Old 01-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Although my posts have magically disappeared since yesterday, I was able to post this AM - accusing them of being misleading and potentially illegal. I'm sure that post will be gone by today as well (if the webmaster isn't too hungover).
Interesting, I don't see any new posts from you. I wonder if they're gone already.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LVDell
So their forum as they claim is NOT Porsche but rather People Cars and Activities yet their main page is Porsche's, their forums are Porsche model specific, and their classifieds are 1. Porsche and 2. Others

FYI...they have a link on their website to HELP keep it a free site by donating.
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. It was funny to see the moderator's post that they could chose any domain name they wanted.... obviously they don't know much about trademarks and cybersquatting. The dicey thing in this case is that Porsche Club of America doesn't have exclusive use of PCA, but it could be argued that they do have the exclusive use in the area of Porsche.

Originally Posted by gota911
Wayne & Phil,

You guys are officially the "Bad Boyz of Rennlist!" Talk about ending an old year with a bang!

Wayne - I'm impressed that you got banned so quickly.

Phil - I can't say anything about you dragging a couple of guys into a "fake forum" because I have made a New Year's resolution to stop giving you a hard time. I don't want to break that resolution on the first day of the year! Tomorrow maybe, but not today!

It's funny, as I've never gone out to do anything like that before. Their blatant use of the PCA name annoyed me so much that I couldn't resist. The idea of me and Phil being bad boys is laughable in itself.

I probably could have gotten banned more quickly, but I didn't want to be a total *** about it. In the end I got banned for the wrong reason... banning me just because I said that their wife was my car. Someone was a little sensitive obviously- maybe they've had problems with others driving their wives.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Interesting, I don't see any new posts from you. I wonder if they're gone already.
It's GONE!! along with the rest of my posts. My goodness, I can't understand why! As for you and I being the "Bad Boyz of Rennlist," I will reserve that honor exclusively for you Wayne, since I'm such a nice, innocent guy. I can't speak for you!!
Old 01-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Phil G.
It's GONE!! along with the rest of my posts. My goodness, I can't understand why! As for you and I being the "Bad Boyz of Rennlist," I will reserve that honor exclusively for you Wayne, since I'm such a nice, innocent guy. I can't speak for you!!
Ouch! That hurts. Abandoned and banished. Unloved. A pariah of the PCAforums

At least now everyone knows the fast way to get banned - just change their car name to "Your Wife" and you're all set.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Abandoned and banished. Unloved. A pariah of the PCAforums
Abandoned and banished? Perhaps from the PCAForum, but never from the real Porsche forum!!
Old 01-01-2008, 02:25 PM
LowStro9
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud to say, I got banned with "0" posts.....

That's right boys and girls, you heard it here.

I will forever hold the record for being banned after 0 Posts.

I should get a free t-shirt or something.

I submit to you:

Thank you for logging in, PCAforumsAreBogus.

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Old 01-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LowStro9
That's right boys and girls, you heard it here.

I will forever hold the record for being banned after 0 Posts.

I should get a free t-shirt or something.

I submit to you:

Thank you for logging in, PCAforumsAreBogus.

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I love it! I was wondering if you'd get banned also. Pretty funny.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:38 PM
LowStro9
Instructor

Default 2nd Attemp

Thank you, PCAForumsSuckAzz. Your registration is now complete.

You may now proceed to edit your Profile in order to fill in additional personal details about yourself, or you could modify your Options to customize your browsing experience of this site. If you would rather do these things later, you can do so by following the links around the site to your User Control Panel.

Alternatively, you can simply go back to the Forums and start posting in threads.

The clock is ticking,,,,
Old 01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

yes, but how many posts can you get in before they ban you?
Old 01-01-2008, 02:50 PM
LowStro9
Instructor

I will take that challenge sir.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Actually, I'm in favor of leaving them alone.

I hate to be a party-pooper, but I think that they have enough problems coming and Rennlist should not be a place for instigation of attacks against other forums - we value this place and should not be using it in a manner that might cause trouble for John.

It's better that they're left alone for PCA to deal with. Vu is aware of them and will take whatever action he can against them.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:03 PM
smankow
Pro

maybe I'm a little confused here, but where is the "blatant use of the PCA name"? If you choose to or not to participate in their forum is your choice. But for several of you to slander them here and on their site and their site AND using the good name of Rennlist is pathetic. And to spend time TRYING to get banned? If their site doesn't live up to your expectations so be it. Regardless of whether using pca in their web address is right or wrong is not for any of us to decide.

I have no affiliation with this group or their forum nor am I a member at this time. I found out about this site through a thread about an upcoming event at Sebring on the racing forum. One of their members is a photographer and offered to take photos. He asked us to register on the site and provide car info. I went to the site but haven't registered yet.

What's next? Attacking renntech because they have renn in their name?

Steve

Quick Reply: What's with the new PCA Forum?