996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Coolant Level and obsurd vanishings!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 07:08 PM
spoon23
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed a loss of coolant on the garage floor and the temp light went on. Replaced coolant tank and fixed the problem.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:47 AM
ClaesM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I learned today that there was a new tank introduced in 2000. So after that year it not very common the tank breakes down. But, the cap does more often. My car was loosing coolant so a unplanned visit to the Porsche shop was done this morning.

They tested the system with high pressure. Tank was ok, Then filled up with coolant. And put on a new cap. I did not have to drive the car into the shop... The mechanic did. As well as delivered it outside.

Cost in total 20.00 USD..:-)

Recommended.... www.porschecentersyd.se
Old 07-24-2008, 12:12 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ClaesM
I learned today that there was a new tank introduced in 2000. So after that year it not very common the tank breakes down. But, the cap does more often. My car was loosing coolant so a unplanned visit to the Porsche shop was done this morning.

They tested the system with high pressure. Tank was ok, Then filled up with coolant. And put on a new cap. I did not have to drive the car into the shop... The mechanic did. As well as delivered it outside.

Cost in total 20.00 USD..:-)

Recommended.... www.porschecentersyd.se
Cheaper than a new car!

Quick Reply: Coolant Level and obsurd vanishings!