Sponsored by:

996 splash guards

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Bruce AJ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 splash guards

My 99 is a daily driver so I got a set of spalsh guards from Tweeks about a year and a half ago. I lost one, the LF, and would like to replace it but it seems they are no longer around, I haven't found them yet.

I could simply copy the RF one and make another but not sure what I'd use for fasteners.

Please let me know if you guys know where I might find a full set or clips I can use if I end up making one.

Thanks,
Bruce
Old 12-17-2007, 08:09 PM
StephenB
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Bruce,

I have a set of the Tweeks splash guards as well. They sand the roads here in the winter so I have to run them or sandblast the paint off the rear. I have lost a few clips here and there. It's been a couple of years now, but I think I found spares at Sears Hardware. The clips fit a little tighter, but still work. I broke one or two getting the off last year. I will check the garage tonight and see if I still have the baggie they came in for the part#.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:26 AM
Bruce AJ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They salt the roads here, in northern New Jersey too. It hurts me to drive the car in that junk, but it's my daily driver. I ran hot water lines to my garage doors so I could wash it often even in the winter. I end up washing it about once a week to keep it somewhat clean. I've thought about getting a beater for the winter, but I love the way it drives and the value has dropped so much that I can't replace it.

I'd appreciate any help on this, I found a company that makes something similar for other cars, Jaeger Brothers Automotive Accessories, on the web. They use a plastic u-channel instead of the metal clips that looked nice.

I contacted them yesterday and sent a picture of one to them. If something comes of it, I'll be sure to send you the link.

Thanks,
Bruce

Quick Reply: 996 splash guards