Sponsored by:

'01 C4 6speed w/ 25k mi in Nashville; $15.8k

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Is there anyone who does not think this is a scam? dont waste you time.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:52 PM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Barn996
If it smells fishy and swims like a fish...price is too low for a 'complete' running Porsche.
Not for a Boxster, but definitely too low for a 911.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:08 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

yah....my car was a sick deal....that deal is a scam. Obvious.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts
Default In a hurry. Accomodating. Unbelieveable low price. Too good to be true ....

Originally Posted by Porsche911Carrera2
I just received the following reply from the "seller" with photos attached. I can't post all the photos here but if anyone wants them just PM me your e-mail and I will e-mail the photos:

"I apologize for delay, I was on duty.
the car is still for sale,Always garaged,non-smoking vehicle,was ordered by the original owner without the badges/lettering. It is an option to remove the lettering/badges and he wanted a cleaner look with no lettering junking up the car. I agree with this, and was one of the reasons I bought the car. I don't like badges/lettering, I like a cleaner look.
has never been repainted, nor had any body work of any kind, nor ever been in an accident
has 18x8" in front on 40's; 18x10" in rear on 35's. Brand new rubber: Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, got 225/40-18 Front; 265/35-18 Rear,
I have the original rims and tires also, have no gouges or scratches, and the rubber has about 60% tread left. They are not Winter tires, but would simply be an extra set of wheels/tires if you wanted them. They are the original style of wheels that came on the C4, which were the turbo twists.
MB Quart's which were professionally installed, as was all the stereo equipment. .The new head unit stereo is a Pioneer DEH-P8MP.There is an iPod adapter.There is a K40 radar that was installed on the car when I bought it.
brand new floor mats, black mats with Porsche lettering ,heated seats ,dual power seats,headrest crest,3-Spoke steering wheel,
colored wheel crests,car cover with lock,Aluminum handbrake,Aluminum pedals,Aluminum gauge rings
There were some errors in the ad , I am located in Indiana , the car has 14000 miles. Clean title, I am the 2nd owner,
I look for $18,500. Selling lower due to a divorce .I have to move fast and I have no other alternative.
You can come and pickup, or I will arrange shipping .I agree to grant you an inspection period.
I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible, because I would like to complete the transaction before holidays,
Thanks
Jim
847-457-4956"
Betcha his wife's body is in the trunk!

Too many of these turn out to be scams, or worse, to risk it. Everyone wants a nice Carrera for a bargain price, but very few of these bargains turn out to be true that it makes no sense to waste any time, let alone risk any money, on trying to verify this one.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
gregorycarl
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by judd944
Find out where in indiana. I may be close.....
I vote we send Judd over to check it out, he kinda offered. Even his wife packs. Honey, do you have the keys? Purse? 356 magnum...good to go!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:49 AM
UFO007
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just in case anyone is still considering this to be the deal of the century, it's being advertised in North Carolina too. Another guy on another forum got the exact same response when he initially inquired and then the following response:
am currently on duty and not able to use my cell.
here is the VIN WP0AA29971S622695 , I am located in Carmel, IN, clean title in my possession
I agree to grant you 10 days inspection period, using ebay 3rd party services, ebay vehicle purchase protection plan,
and I agree to cover 50 % of the cost of a complete inspection at an authorized Porsche dealership at your request.
because my schedule is hectic and I am unable to get this done in person.
I am able to arrange shipping, it would be a faster and hassle free method.
So, to clarify, just in case anybody's considering this: DON'T.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:58 PM
TCR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Area code 847 is suburban Chicago

Quick Reply: '01 C4 6speed w/ 25k mi in Nashville; $15.8k