Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Seat Covers

Has anyone added seat covers to their car? I'm not really a fan of them but I would like to protect the seats from my frequent passenger, the 68lb maniac pictured below, the rears are easy I can just pop the cushions out but when it's just the 2 of us he insists on the front seat.
I'm thinking about the Wet Okole covers in all black to match the interior, anyone use them?

Old 12-05-2007, 11:09 AM
pszikla
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful dogs, huge energy levels.....had one that lived to 17 years and energy faded only in the last year.
At least Gsp's don't shed as bad as the Lab's we now own, they are totally of limits for the Porsche!!
Old 12-05-2007, 11:14 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I did a search on Okole:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=Okole

Old 12-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pszikla
Beautiful dogs, huge energy levels.....had one that lived to 17 years and energy faded only in the last year.
At least Gsp's don't shed as bad as the Lab's we now own, they are totally of limits for the Porsche!!
Thanks, this is my 2nd one, They are nuts but sweet dogs, he is awsome with my 7 month old daugther and he's only a year old.
I have always let my dogs in the cars, I enjoy having the dog around and usually the car of choice to drive will be the Porsche so what the hell. Life is short! That said, I still want to protect the seats.
He put a little hole with his nail in my Boxster's seat that I had to have repaired.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by gota911
I did a search on Okole:

Thanks Tim, you know usually I am really good about doing a search, I guess I'm a little brain dead this morning
Old 12-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Born On 911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big, thick towel?

Never used seat covers in the P, not much of a fan either, though the Okole's in Tim's posts don't look too bad. Does he ride in both the 911 & 996? To preserve the look and condition of your seats, might be an idea to throw down a big beach towel for him to sit on, then just remove afterwards.

Like your doggy. I don't let my monster (also 68 lbs.) near the P. He rides in the Ridgeline exclusively!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Born On 911
Never used seat covers in the P, not much of a fan either, though the Okole's in Tim's posts don't look too bad. Does he ride in both the 911 & 996? To preserve the look and condition of your seats, might be an idea to throw down a big beach towel for him to sit on, then just remove afterwords.

Like your doggy. I don't let my monster (also 68 lbs.) near the P. He rides in the Ridgeline exclusively!
He can ride in all my rides, the 911 I keep the back seat down with mat over the area and he will usually just stand on that with his head out the roof
Years back when I had more time I would show up at concours with the 86 911 and my old GSP in the car, the q-tip crowd were appalled! It was great.

I did the beach towel ting in the Boxster but he always seems to get the towel off the seat.. he's like Houdini with those things!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:32 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All I can say is good thing you don't have supple leather seats! Woof!

Quick Reply: Seat Covers