Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Selling my 996 and have a few things for sale...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 04:07 PM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Selling my 996 and have a few things for sale...

Clear corner side markers from Bumperplugs.com (from an '02) - perfect condition with bulbs: $25 (new, $46) + shipping

Airbag deactivation kit WITH a homemade seatbelt to click in. The seatbelt part that clicks in, works just like the one from the Porsche car seat. I made it out of an old 944 seatbelt (as described by someone here in a post about this).
$150 + shipping

Techquipment roll bar (for a cab, I think this is a different part number than the coupe version) - $800+shipping

Llyods floor mats with "Porsche" on the front mats. Light gray. I just bought these used from someone on here and then sold the car unexpectedly - they are in great condition. $90+shipping

GHL Quiet version exhaust WITH tips - $600+shipping

Homemade test pipes. I made these to run at the track. They have 2 O2 sensor bungs welded on each pipe (one for each O2 sensor). The fit fine and are LOUD. They are not pretty but they are functional. The reason I made them is because I had cats go bad on the track and wanted to save the new cats from destruction so popped these on for track use. $150+shipping.

Feel free to e-mail (jfriedlander@comcast.net) or PM any questions.

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:25 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

I'm interested in the floor mats- email sent.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:51 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what's the issue with the cats going bad with track use???
Old 12-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Steven B
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am interested in the side lights if they will fit my '03
Sent E-Mail

Steve B
Old 12-05-2007, 12:39 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LiveNupe
Not trying to hijack the thread, but what's the issue with the cats going bad with track use???
there are few locally tracked cars with cats going bad due to 100 octane unleaded. disclaimer: second hand information.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

I have no idea re; the cat problem and tracking.

I will say, a local shop that does track prep for many 996s told me they have seen stock cats fail many time on 996s that are tracked.

No flames please, but that's what they told me. Both cats completely delaminated from the inside and you could literally rattle the entire chunk around in there.

also, I was running 93 octane FWIW.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:31 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonfreed
I have no idea re; the cat problem and tracking.

I will say, a local shop that does track prep for many 996s told me they have seen stock cats fail many time on 996s that are tracked.

No flames please, but that's what they told me. Both cats completely delaminated from the inside and you could literally rattle the entire chunk around in there.

also, I was running 93 octane FWIW.
Yes... I heard the same, the cats get to hot and can even put your car into limp mode!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:41 PM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

Before I decided to get rid of the car, I made the cat delete pipes to put on for track use.

No need to keep ruining cats.

The car was SOOOOOOOOOOOO loud with the cat bypass pipes and my GHL exhaust.

Amazing that the cats do that much to quiet things down. I thought with a muffler on there, the car wojuldn't be that loud.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:47 PM
996inTX
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd be interested in the airbag deactivation kit. Is there a pic?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:55 PM
russcan
Instructor

Originally Posted by jasonfreed
Clear corner side markers from Bumperplugs.com (from an '02) - perfect condition with bulbs: $25 (new, $46) + shipping

Airbag deactivation kit WITH a homemade seatbelt to click in. The seatbelt part that clicks in, works just like the one from the Porsche car seat. I made it out of an old 944 seatbelt (as described by someone here in a post about this).
$150 + shipping

Techquipment roll bar (for a cab, I think this is a different part number than the coupe version) - $800+shipping

Llyods floor mats with "Porsche" on the front mats. Light gray. I just bought these used from someone on here and then sold the car unexpectedly - they are in great condition. $90+shipping

GHL Quiet version exhaust WITH tips - $600+shipping

Homemade test pipes. I made these to run at the track. They have 2 O2 sensor bungs welded on each pipe (one for each O2 sensor). The fit fine and are LOUD. They are not pretty but they are functional. The reason I made them is because I had cats go bad on the track and wanted to save the new cats from destruction so popped these on for track use. $150+shipping.

Feel free to e-mail (jfriedlander@comcast.net) or PM any questions.

Thanks.
Hey Jason, hate to see your selling the car. I can say to anyone who wants the mats that there in good shape. I sold them to him just recently. Good luck with your new venture Jason.

Russ
Old 12-13-2007, 05:43 PM
JC3D
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have a picture of the cat bypass pipes?
Old 12-17-2007, 02:28 AM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

2nd in line for the clear side markers.
sent PM.

Quick Reply: Selling my 996 and have a few things for sale...