Sponsored by:

MORE PICS questions on a 2003 C4S with GT3 kit....pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 11:48 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default MORE PICS questions on a 2003 C4S with GT3 kit....pics

I have located a 2003 C4S with 15K miles on it, the owner added a OEM GT3 body kit to the car, had OEM porsche adjustible suspension installed, debadged the car and believe thats all. The dealer selling the car (although a real dealer, HONDA, not a privatier) has details on the car they said they don't have a list of options on it. They do have a another dealership about 5 hrs away thats a Porsche dealer and they may send the car to them to sell. It was just traded not to long ago and if it doesn't sell off their lot was told it will go to their other shop who again is a Porsche dealer. I have pics I tried to attach below. Anyway I can get the car for about 49K and thought that was a steal.... but its 5hrs from me so going to be a hassle.

would love some friendly advice, pro's and cons etc... have done some research on the C4s and know the basics etc.... but any words of wisdom please educate mem, I would be grateful!

I was a bit hesitant to post fearing if people say this is a deal someone will try and scoop it up!

-anyone know this car?-

Last edited by mickfluff; 12-12-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:54 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

while I know very little about that car I can tell you that's not the GT3 aero bits.

The rear wing looks like the Aero wing from a turbo...or a copy of it. The front bumper looks like some sort of GT2 copy..but it's hard to tell from that angle and the factory GT2 front bumper never had vents in the side of it like that.

That's all I can really help with. The bigger question to be answered is: Where those parts added because the PO liked them, or becuase the car was involved in a crash and required them so the PO upgraded at that time.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:57 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Also has the euro rear bumper without the bumperettes. Looks like PCCB brakes (or it could be yellow painted calipers). I'd want to see the option list and run it through a full PPI before buying it. Not a big fan of that rear wing or the weird GT2ish front bumper.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:07 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default thanks....

I need to get more data, I believe they said it was gt2 or gt3 kit but sounds like these look like neither? I know they said it was dealer installed and they believed the parts to be OEM Porsche.... but they are a honda dealer not porsche... I can call the porsche dealer that did the work as i know who that is and start fishing around but not sure how far I could get. I did ask the selling dealer if I could have the original owners contact info and they said they would call him and ask if he would take a call from me. I know there are many purists here so this bumper and wing may not be attractive to them but I really like the look. I have always modded cars a touch and never kept anything pure stock.... although many may wince at my current summer car, its a fun track car, great repair record etc... but had it for 4 years now and just want something more; pics attached....thanks again for your reply really apprecaite it...

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
while I know very little about that car I can tell you that's not the GT3 aero bits.

The rear wing looks like the Aero wing from a turbo...or a copy of it. The front bumper looks like some sort of GT2 copy..but it's hard to tell from that angle and the factory GT2 front bumper never had vents in the side of it like that.

That's all I can really help with. The bigger question to be answered is: Where those parts added because the PO liked them, or becuase the car was involved in a crash and required them so the PO upgraded at that time.

Last edited by mickfluff; 12-12-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the factory aerokit for the turbo/c4s are the same thing. so it's not a "turbo" wing since the aero turbo wing can be had with the c4s thru porsche orderprocess.

i can tell u right now the rear looks oem but can be "fake". the front looks weird with the vent on the side and that's def not a factory aerolip as i have the factory aero lip on my c4s. the rear vent on the bumper looks weird as well. stupid mods if u ask me save for the aero wing.

nice, s2000. here was mine:

Old 12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
flash80
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it looks pretty cool...needs some aftermarket rims though. For $49k, sounds like a good deal to me.

For the options...if you can look on the inside of the door, you can find the factory option codes. Take a pic of it and look up the individual options. Most C4S' come with full leather and memory seats.

Also, it doesn't look like it has PSE (unless someone changed the exhaust tips).
Old 12-04-2007, 12:21 PM
deckman
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't eally care for the side vents on the fornt bumper.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:30 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default fellow s2k owner....

ahhhhh a fellow S2k owner that went to a c4s; is that what you have now? Any words of wisdom or regrets with your choice? Looks like your s2k has SC, so possibly quicker then your c4s, I know speed isn't everything but to spend more for less power how did you make the transiation. I know the c4s is in another league then a s2k even a boosted one but many times though out SC my car and just keep it, but a c4s or 02 NSX are the 2 cars I have my sights on...

thanks for the note back....
Old 12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

good price, if it checks out. Might want to look at those brakes, they might be just painted or has been upgraded to PCCB... $10k option.
Agreed, that not a gt3 kit. Gt3 are narrow body cars, c4s are wide bodies... the bumpers may be cheap fiberglass...not the best for taking slight bumps.
*** for the engine hood, look for a part number stating 996 somewhere, if you see it then its OEM rather than a knockoff. $49k for 15k miles is pretty good price...but only if it PPIs' good.

Edit, but if you ask me...they butchered it in the looks department!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

a 911 is at many leagues above the s2000 in the overall driving experience/ownership aspect of things.

with that said, my s2000 supercharged was great fun and much more of a sports car than the c4s will ever be.

the c4s kills the s2000 in sound (sure my s2000 and m3 sounded nice, but the porsche engine noise is... unique, but you really do want PSE, stock is really quiet), heritage, attn both positive and negative, and fraternity. steering rules on the 911 and the shifter is the only thing the s2000 is clearly better at but with a short shifter, you're really not missing the s2000 shift action since the nature of both cars are so diff. the c4s has a much bigger engine so add 2 + 2 to figure out my point.

have you driven the 911? while i might see it the way i see it per the above, your experience/thoughts may differ.

i had an e46 m3 before this, though. i got rid of the s2000 a while ago. my c4s has a giac flash and evoms intake with PSE blah blah pss9s.... it's about the same as my SCed s2000 in the straights. turns... i run 19x12s in the back... and the grip is tremendous even with m y s2000 on 18x10.5s in the rear.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

here's the factory aero lip on my car - flexes nicely just like the oem lip on the s2000
here's the factory aero lip on my car - flexes nicely just like the oem lip on the s2000

Old 12-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by mickfluff
I have located a 2003 C4S with 15K miles on it, the owner added a OEM GT3 body kit to the car, had OEM porsche adjustible suspension installed, debadged the car and believe thats all. The dealer selling the car (although a real dealer, HONDA, not a privatier) has details on the car they said they don't have a list of options on it. They do have a another dealership about 5 hrs away thats a Porsche dealer and they may send the car to them to sell. It was just traded not to long ago and if it doesn't sell off their lot was told it will go to their other shop who again is a Porsche dealer. I have pics I tried to attach below. Anyway I can get the car for about 49K and thought that was a steal.... but its 5hrs from me so going to be a hassle.

would love some friendly advice, pro's and cons etc... have done some research on the C4s and know the basics etc.... but any words of wisdom please educate mem, I would be grateful!

I was a bit hesitant to post fearing if people say this is a deal someone will try and scoop it up!

-anyone know this car?-
it looks like it has the gt2 front bumper but looks like it's aftermarket of they fuqed with the side vents.... do you have more pics of this car front shot?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:35 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Beautiful car!

wow beautiful clean car..... very nice! I am getting pics hopefully today from the dealer and will post them up and would be great for any more thoughts.

Are the Turbo's and the C4's the only wide body 996's? Wonder if there are any side by side pics of the two from front and from rear to see the difference?

Thanks again.... pics hopefully soon to follow
Old 12-05-2007, 10:58 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

996 widebodies are:
Turbo (coupe & cab)
Turbo S (coupe & cab)
C4S (coupe & cab)
GT2
Old 12-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by mickfluff
wow beautiful clean car..... very nice! I am getting pics hopefully today from the dealer and will post them up and would be great for any more thoughts.

Are the Turbo's and the C4's the only wide body 996's? Wonder if there are any side by side pics of the two from front and from rear to see the difference?

Thanks again.... pics hopefully soon to follow
there's a HUGE diff in not just width but also design and shape

Quick Reply: MORE PICS questions on a 2003 C4S with GT3 kit....pics