996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Indy or Dealer for 30k Service????

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 02:39 AM
Fat Sled
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indy or Dealer for 30k Service????

I’m almost ready for a 30k service and I’m faced with the following dilemma. Although my car is a 1999 I did purchase a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty from the dealer (Carmax); do I take the car to a Porsche dealer (downtown LA Motors) for the service, or can I take it to an Indy (Callas Rennsport in Torrance)? Does it matter, where the warranty is concerned, if somewhere down the road something does go wrong with the vehicle? Would the warranty company say that the car wasn’t serviced by a “Porsche dealer”, or would that not be an issue? Truthfully, I’d rather take it to Callas. I’ve heard so many good things about Tony, and he’s located about 3 miles from my house. However, I don’t want to run into any problems down the road and I’m new to the P-Game. Please help.

Thanks…JP
Old 11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat Sled
I’m almost ready for a 30k service and I’m faced with the following dilemma. Although my car is a 1999 I did purchase a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty from the dealer (Carmax); do I take the car to a Porsche dealer (downtown LA Motors) for the service, or can I take it to an Indy (Callas Rennsport in Torrance)? Does it matter, where the warranty is concerned, if somewhere down the road something does go wrong with the vehicle? Would the warranty company say that the car wasn’t serviced by a “Porsche dealer”, or would that not be an issue? Truthfully, I’d rather take it to Callas. I’ve heard so many good things about Tony, and he’s located about 3 miles from my house. However, I don’t want to run into any problems down the road and I’m new to the P-Game. Please help.

Thanks…JP
Maybe it is time to read your warranty and find out.

Personally, I don't think it matters, but then I did NOT stay at a Holiday Express Inn last night. I am sure your warranty company doesn't care what I think.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:22 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Indy - no worries with warranty.

Quick Reply: Indy or Dealer for 30k Service????