996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Attn: Playahs

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 02:59 PM
imdrew12
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rollin' in my 5.0 With my rag-top down so my hair can blow The girlies on standby waving just to say hi Did you stop no I just drove by
Old 11-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's a tight song (i'm being serious)
Old 11-14-2007, 03:05 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by imdrew12
Rollin' in my 5.0 With my rag-top down so my hair can blow The girlies on standby waving just to say hi Did you stop no I just drove by
The block was dead, yo, so I proceeded to A-1A - Beach Front avenue!!!!

That is one funny song!
Old 11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
imdrew12
Racer

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
it's a tight song (i'm being serious)
+1

Brings back memories of high school and 12" subwoofers behind the seat bumpin this as loud as i could.

I think I like it so much cause of the Bowie/Queen song he sampled. Under Pressure.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:19 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by imdrew12
+1

Brings back memories of high school and 12" subwoofers behind the seat bumpin this as loud as i could.
Which is why Vanilla made a TON of money and invested it in the right places. Hence why he was able to buy a $600k car when MC Hammer was declaring bankruptcy!
Old 11-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

totally good memories - i even remember the bart simpson song - loved it

what's vanilla up to nowadays? wasn't he already from a silver-spoon fed life prior to his fame?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:24 PM
imdrew12
Racer

totally good memories - i even remember the bart simpson song - loved it

what's vanilla up to nowadays? wasn't he already from a silver-spoon fed life prior to his fame?
Do the Bartman, ha, I had forgotten that.

n 2002, Van Winkle was a participant in the reality show Celebrity Boxing. Actor Todd Bridges defeated Van Winkle by knocking him down several times during the event. Moreover, in 2004, Van Winkle starred in the second season of The Surreal Life on VH1. On the show, despite his vow to not sing his early hits, Van Winkle eventually agreed to sing a karaoke version of "Ice Ice Baby" at a bar with Trishelle Cannatella and Traci Bingham. In the same year, he appeared on British television in the first season of the reality TV show The Farm on Five in which he came in second place. He was also cast in the film The Helix...Loaded, a parody of The Matrix.

In June 2005, Van Winkle won the second round of NBC's Hit Me Baby One More Time, performing "Ice Ice Baby" and covering Destiny's Child's hit "Survivor". He also appeared on a VH1 special entitled "Remaking Vanilla Ice", which featured the revamped Van Winkle preparing for the release of his new album Platinum Underground. Ice also appeared on the series Damage Control on MTV2 to promote the album.

Van Winkle released Platinum Underground in August 2005 containing some new material, songs from Bi-polar, and some remakes of his older works; the album received mixed reviews and limited sales. Along with the album's release, Van Winkle performed with Insane Clown Posse at Hallowicked 2005. He also held a series of European concerts in November and December of the same year.

Controversy broke out on the G4 Forums website on September 19, 2005 when, in the heat of the co-hosting auditions, Attack of the Show! claimed on their website that they had discovered a new, permanent cohost who wasn't going to be required to audition. [citation needed] They claimed that "You’ve seen him in music videos, in his own film, and on reality TV. He’s ice cold, goes to the extreme, and really knows how to play that funky music. And we’ve got him signed exclusively to AOTS." ("Ice Cold" and "Play That Funky Music" were both tracks on Vanilla Ice's 1990 album To the Extreme). Adding to the prank, Ice personally appeared on the show on September 20, 2005 as the "new permanent co-host." After co-hosting a brief segment, Ice publicized his new album and left. Kevin Pereira put an end to the prank with the announcement, "Unfortunately, Vanilla Ice is not our new co-host."

Van Winkle also starred in The Surreal Life: Fame Games, which began airing in 2007 on VH1. This show pitted stars from various seasons of The Surreal Life against each other in competitions. Ice won many individual competitions, as well as winning several competitions for his team. At a concert at Virginia Tech, Ice claimed he beats up Ron Jeremy on the show, but "still has love for him." On February 2, 2007, the two appeared on The Tyra Banks Show and claimed they were once again friends.[14]

Van Winkle is a contestant on Ty Murray’s Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge on CMT.

He made a brief guest appearance at London Nightclub Tiger Tiger in October 2007.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:26 PM
discoganya
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

you're driving a mazda dude, beggars can't be choosers? LOL
I'd choose a Mazda 6 over dah Ice-wagon
Old 11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

Wait a minute, I just looked at the car again.....sorry, just threw up all over myself...
just can't get over all that white.....I would feel like a pimped out Boss Hogg in that thing...
Old 11-14-2007, 04:29 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Original cost $600k??? If so, I can do a custom Carrera GT for him for $2.4 million.
History of the Gemballa cars:

http://www.gemballa.com/Modelle/Firm...5Jahre_e.html#

Another Cyrrus:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2809278

To think Ferrari put vents like these on the doors at the factory back then
Old 11-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Fat Sled
Advanced

What a bargain. I wonder if it comes with an autographed picture.

Just kidding guys; relax...
Old 11-14-2007, 06:37 PM
DanJK
Racer

Actually, if it is truly a Gemballa Cyrrus, it is a serious car. Granted, not my taste, but Gemballa has a lot of admirers especially in the middle east. I doubt it is though, since the guy can't spell it correctly. Gemballa styling is an aquired taste but the performance upgrades are impressive.

Gemballa's take on the Carrerra GT is interesting. Featured in Excellance a few months back. I think 12 have been made to date, nearly all sold in Saudi.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Hey, Vanilla Ice is The Dude. He and his car kick ***.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxN_pbMOFk0

....ice ice wainey.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat Sled
What a bargain. I wonder if it comes with an autographed picture.

Just kidding guys; relax...
Reminds me of the William Shatner, TJ Hooker signed photo at the antique shop my wife frequents. I want it so bad to hang in my office.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:18 AM
996c4s_dallas
Cruisin'

I actually liked the slant nose 911 of the early 80's!

I assume all these jabs are in jest. Its hard to tell with just text.

Quick Reply: Attn: Playahs