996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Newbie Initiation - Pics for you

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:14 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The best looking 996 ever made...IMO. Fantastic looking. Welcome aboard.

J
Old 11-07-2007, 09:17 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice car, welcome for the short amount of time that you will actually be on the 996 forum, so GL with the sale and congrat's on your new incoming car.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:55 PM
SammyTownPfan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely Stunning. If I didn't already have a C4S I'd be all over this one. GL with the sale. I hope it stays in the Seattle area so I can see it one day
Old 11-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Price ?
Post it here first.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:56 PM
atx.911
Instructor

more please
Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by atx.911
more please
I'll get some more pics - have some stunning photos but need to reduce the size to get them downloaded - will work on that. Thanks for all the compliments...when I drive it around town, the same thing happens! Great attention magnet. Makes one feel pretty cool :-) I am having some second thoughts on forking out so much $$$ for a new 997TT - but after I drove one I had to have the power! Thought I would do white as I always do (started this addiction with a white Boxster S), with cocoa interior. Thoughts?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

You've gotta stick with white - it's THE color for a Porsche. I saw a white turbo cab thaat looked amazing in the showroom - it goes without saying that it wasn't there long.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Hey Tim, why are you selling yours and what are you getting? Just curious?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gregg Lewis
Price ?
Post it here first.
Haven't decided on a price yet. Have spent about $10k in options over the past year (Kahn wheels, radar system, sport exhaust, etc.). Downside and reason I have it tucked away in its winter blanket in my garage - I have 55k miles on it becuase I love to drive it so much. (got a new daily driver so I could slow up on the mileage - killing me not to drive it though ) :-)
Old 11-07-2007, 11:56 PM
cdncanoer
Advanced

Tim,

Where did you get the radar done? What are you using. I want a nice discrete install and wonder who and what you used.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
You've gotta stick with white - it's THE color for a Porsche. I saw a white turbo cab thaat looked amazing in the showroom - it goes without saying that it wasn't there long.
Yes, will be white for sure. I don't like the cab because there is a blind spot - the rear window is not as long and when I back out of parks, the blind spot is really dangerous (may be partly my height ?). Prefer the coupe, especially in Seattle with all the rain we get. thanks for the comments.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:15 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms.Greta
Hey Tim, why are you selling yours and what are you getting? Just curious?
Well, I changed jobs and took a shot at the "be my own boss" thing and it did not pan out like I had wanted. Fortunately, I didn't lose any money but I didn't make very much either in the last 12 months. So I am actively back in the job market. I thought it was best if I reduced my expenses before I "had" to do so.

I have been telling the guys here that I have my eye on a 1990 Honda Accord (see pic), but I am worried that someone else will jump on that sweet machine will before the 996 is sold. It was the front mud flaps that convinced me that this was the car for me.
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2007, 12:18 AM
JJB236
Racer

Welcome. I see that you're moving up from C4S. I have never thought white carreras could look as nice until I recently saw a 997 pass me by on the freeway. White color so much accentuates the wide hips and other body flares so well. After that, I ve been considering getting a white/black since all my cars are black/black. Good luck on your 997TT.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:20 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by cdncanoer
Tim,

Where did you get the radar done? What are you using. I want a nice discrete install and wonder who and what you used.
I think you meant that question for Ms. Greta. I don't have radar installed.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:46 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Ms.Greta
I'll get some more pics - have some stunning photos but need to reduce the size to get them downloaded - will work on that. Thanks for all the compliments...when I drive it around town, the same thing happens! Great attention magnet. Makes one feel pretty cool :-) I am having some second thoughts on forking out so much $$$ for a new 997TT - but after I drove one I had to have the power! Thought I would do white as I always do (started this addiction with a white Boxster S), with cocoa interior. Thoughts?
The Carrara White looks great on a TT or any 911 for that matter. I am not real big fan of brown interiors, but that is just my personal opinion. I have seen Carrera White with a Sea Blue interior, and in my opinion, that looked great.

Here is a pic one of the guys on the 997 forum posted. Also the attache link if from the Porsche web site, which has some interior pics at teh bottom of he page. You can click on them to make them larger. BTW- the interior pic on the web site seems to be a little lighter than the actual colors.

Fountain Blue with Sea Blue
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Newbie Initiation - Pics for you