Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im seeing double!
Old 10-27-2007, 04:14 PM
atx.911
Instructor

Nice looking red cab! Twins!

On the parking...it's pretty annoying.... I try to park where there are large number of empty spots and away from all the other cars and no matter how far away I park, there is always someone parked next to me when I come out of the store. It's almost like they do it on purpose...
Old 10-27-2007, 07:52 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think people may think they have to park next to a car - or they get confused and think THEY would be rude by parking in the middle of an empty isle, etc? Idiots, I agree!

This is like the battle of the rims - twists, vs. Carreras. I think the twists win - look how they flow with the lines of the car!!
Old 10-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a girlfriend who used to lay here door against other cars on purpose.
I used to tell her not to do it and would lead into fights. She wouldnt listen that when you get out, the door moves up and down scratching the paint.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 230 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Tippy
I had a girlfriend who used to lay here door against other cars on purpose.
I used to tell her not to do it and would lead into fights. She wouldnt listen that when you get out, the door moves up and down scratching the paint.
Did she offer an explanation as to why her way was better?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:05 PM
apterr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don,
Are your wheels 18"?. They look great too. Your's is a 2000 cab (mine too). What year was the other?
Andy T
Old 10-27-2007, 10:23 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by apterr
Don,
Are your wheels 18"?. They look great too. Your's is a 2000 cab (mine too). What year was the other?
Andy T
Yes, mine is a 2000 cab, and the rims are 18's. The other car, I believe, is an 02 from what I could tell (I never met the owner).

Like I mentioned earlier, I do not see many 996s here, but it is great to see what different options look like with the same color combo. I guess I lack imagination, because my opinion can change once I can see something in person - or maybe it's just a guy thing
Old 10-27-2007, 10:36 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AndyK
I think people may think they have to park next to a car - or they get confused and think THEY would be rude by parking in the middle of an empty isle, etc? Idiots, I agree!

This is like the battle of the rims - twists, vs. Carreras. I think the twists win - look how they flow with the lines of the car!!
I do love the 5 spokes, but after seeing them on my color, I do like my twists a hair better. I think the 5's would look better on a darker color, esp if the caliper color stood out - but like I said, I really need to see it, maybe I need help...
Old 10-27-2007, 10:46 PM
apterr
Racer

Default What are the odds!

I understand...I did a lot of business with GM 10-15 years ago. They hated when someone parked a non-US made car in their vsitor lots (disrespectful). I did know one or two GM'rs who owned German made cars and kept them under cover in their garage(s).

Anyway...nice cab, cool pic
Andy T
Old 10-28-2007, 01:25 AM
rleeq
Racer

Seeing your car next to the one with clear side markers only validates my opinion that the pumpkin look works on Guards Red 996s. Granted, I like the looks of clears on other colors but against the Guards Red I prefer the amber lights, which is why I have not changed mine.[/QUOTE]

I like the look of the amber lights with my yellow paint so I upgrade. To each there own.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:19 AM
DFC
Rennlist Member

I understand...I did a lot of business with GM 10-15 years ago. They hated when someone parked a non-US made car in their vsitor lots (disrespectful). I did know one or two GM'rs who owned German made cars and kept them under cover in their garage(s).

Anyway...nice cab, cool pic
Andy T
Thanks... and I work at Chrysler! The tech center is not too bad, I drive my car occasionally, but I would never take it to a plant, especially in the city.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:34 AM
apterr
Racer

Default What are the odds!

Don,
What a coincidence!..Smart move.
I just replaced my 4 casette storage bin with a regular one. Looks great and gives me much needed storage space. Just enough room for glasses, ipod and recharger.
Any difficulty with your top going up and down slowly?
Andy T
Old 10-28-2007, 01:24 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick
Unless the SUV parked excessively close or did damage your car, I wouldn't be so quick to judge him as an idiot. If I see a Porsche parked where it is a likely victim of door dings, I park my SUV next to it to protect it. (I will never ding a door). I've had others with SUVs, trucks, or even huge American boat-cars do the same for me. The SUV owner may have a Porsche in the garage.
It would take a special kind of Porsche owner to admit to also owning what appears to be an Escalade. <gag>

I'd apologize to the Escalade owners in here, but they're probably out beating their women or buying more gold chains.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:36 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tooloud10
It would take a special kind of Porsche owner to admit to also owning what appears to be an Escalade. <gag>

I'd apologize to the Escalade owners in here, but they're probably out beating their women or buying more gold chains.
Hey Dell, any rebuttal?

Old 10-28-2007, 02:50 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Don,
Any difficulty with your top going up and down slowly?
Andy T

My top works great (it's also brand new), there is a diy on renntech which may help with your top moving slowly:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showforum=117

Quick Reply: What are the odds!