Sponsored by:

New C4S is in the Garage!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 11:47 AM
smithk993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New C4S is in the Garage!

Well after 3 months of searching, I've gotten my new to me Artic Silve/Black C4S. Car has 38k miles and 6 months remaining on CPO. Drove it home from NY to NC.

I have a couple of thoughts so far. Tire noise was terrible on drive back as the wear down to wear bars in rear. So tires are first mod. Also the car seems a bit difficult to shift smoothly without a bit of clunking between changes, not sure if this is common with the AWD system. Thoughts?

Car has PSE which I really like, except that it kept getting quiet just as it was starting to sound great. I fixed that by pulling the vacuum line and now it sounds great all the time. Any thoughts for those who have done a similar mod on whether I should periodically reattach to exercise the valve to keep it from locking up in the future?

After tires, trying to decide on best first mod...Things I know I would like to do:
- Short shifter (since I've just sold my 91 NSX with SSK, the C4s feels like rowing a small boat)
- Aluminum gauge rings, as the all black interior seems almost too dark/plain
- Bumper plugs
- ???

Photos to come...
Old 10-06-2007, 12:56 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Keith....CONGRATS!!!! Can't wait to see...welcome to the fat **** club. What options?

j
Old 10-06-2007, 02:08 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Congrats! Yup, the short shift kit is the way to go: B&M or OEM (which I have). There are several things you can do to brighten up the interior; click on "Carrera 4 S" in my signature and it will take you to my specs and mod gallery in renntech.org
Old 10-06-2007, 08:11 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Keith so you bit the bullet, good for you, hope my desscription was close to what you expected... enjoy
Ferdinand
Old 10-06-2007, 08:24 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Congratulations, Keith! Can't wait to see it!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:43 PM
smithk993
Racer

Ferdinand,

Yes I think you acurately portrayed the car. I had the owner respray the rear bumper to take care of the scratch. He also had the car detailed before delivery. We had the car inspected at the Legend Porsche dealer while I was there. I didn't think the rear tires would pass inspection as the rear tires were down to wear bars, but they told me in NY it had to be showing the CORDS!

Thanks again for the once over.

Keith
Old 10-06-2007, 08:54 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Congrats and welcome! Cant wait to see the car!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Big deal - I've had a new C4S sitting in my garage for 2 years! Only kidding!! Enjoy it, USE IT, and don't let it sit. Do as I say, not as I do!!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:09 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Big deal - I've had a new C4S sitting in my garage for 2 years! Only kidding!! Enjoy it, USE IT, and don't let it sit. Do as I say, not as I do!!
Speaking of garage, is the poor, neglected C4S bundled up for Winter yet?

BTW - did you catch my post on Wayne's "Fall Foliage" Thread? Someone from LI had asked Wayne about a place where they could "catch" up with the group. Immediately below is Wayne's response. Of course, I told him you could be a big help in keeping people from getting lost!

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Oh good grief. It's a good thing that this is an easy drive. I'd be afraid of losing people otherwise.
Originally Posted by gota911
Well, if Phil was not "on call" this weekend you could have him lead the pack. There is no way anyone could get lost. They would all be able to see his car at the head of the pack, raised up on the flatbed of a tow truck and him in the driver's seat of his car making vrrooommm noises!

When Phil states that he drove his C4S around this past week, THAT is what he means!

Hey Phil, your psychotherapist called and said he forgot to order the Leather Fuse Panel Cover. He also asked me to tell you that has an opening tomorrow morning at 9:00 A.M. Oh, yeah...... bring your checkbook!

Last edited by gota911; 10-07-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Phil's car is always in the garage... it spends it's life there... that or in the driveway.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Phil's car is always in the garage... it spends it's life there... that or in the driveway.
You guys are just brutal. My shrink bills are going through the roof. And NO, Tim, my car's not bundled up for the winter yet - it was 86 here today, and I really did take my car out for a nice drive. Actually left the driveway!! Car's going into hibernation when the S4 shows up first week of November - I don't want to leave that one outside for the winter, so I anticipate storing the P-car around 11/1. By then, I should be approaching 2500 miles!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

No way!

I'm driving my car like crazy before I have to put it away for the year - as long as the temperatures are good and we're snow free, then I'm driving.

Last year the car went away at the end of November and I was kicking myself when the weather was good until January.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:31 PM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also consider the RSS plenum.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:43 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
You guys are just brutal. My shrink bills are going through the roof. And NO, Tim, my car's not bundled up for the winter yet - it was 86 here today, and I really did take my car out for a nice drive. Actually left the driveway!! Car's going into hibernation when the S4 shows up first week of November - I don't want to leave that one outside for the winter, so I anticipate storing the P-car around 11/1. By then, I should be approaching 2500 miles!
Good for you Phil! That may help with your "therapy."
Old 10-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gota911
Good for you Phil! That may help with your "therapy."
Yeah, but his shrink still gets to splurge on more Carbon Fiber for his TT

Quick Reply: New C4S is in the Garage!